*** Official Iowa vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I just can't hate Bohannon. He's not good enough to hate. He just tries way, way too hard. Just comes off as wanting to be hated but not being good enough to deserve it.

I think the grinch sums up how many of cyclone nation feel because hate isn't strong enough.

Reactions: WhatchaGonnaDo

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Conditt HAS to stay out of foul trouble...I do not trust Rob Jones to do anything to stop anyone. I'd like us to also try and get to the foul line tonight. Still get your open looks for 3's but if you can get the Hawks in foul trouble early, that sets up well

Jaz’s play lately makes me not care so much about this. He can man that spot in a pinch instead of Jones. Or Enaruna could play the “5” and Jaz can be the “4” against Iowa. We’ve got a few guys that can guard Murray which is great.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If Iowa state shoots 45% or better from the field, 35% or better from 3 and finishes with more assists than turnovers.. We win

Simple as that. Our defense will show up. Our rebounding has been really good in big games.

This is it^^^^. The guys make the shots Iowa will give them.......we win. If they start throwing bricks like at Creighton......will be a barn burner.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
"I've done this -- not forever -- but long enough," Otzelberger said. "I don't know that I've seen a group that has more pride in Iowa State and in their team success and cares about each other and is giving what they have every single day."

Reactions: cychhosis

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The whole key to this game will be limiting the damage the Murray twins do.

I'm not worried at all about our backcourt. Bohannon can't even get a shot off against athletic guards and Conor barely plays anymore. Gabe will completely shut him down.

Joe T vs Hunter will be a good matchup. Hunter should be able to frustrate him and he's not much of a shooting threat.

Patrick will be a mismatch on Brockingon, can't let him get by for easy layups, the key will be making him force his patented runners in the lane which have about a 10% chance of success.

Murray will be a handful, I think he's a better all around player than Garza or Weiskamp was. He'll get his 20 but we need to make him inefficient. This isn't a game I see Enaruna playing much as I think he gets manhandled early and benched. I think we'll see Kunc on him most of the game.

Rebraca does a bunch of little things average, and nothing really well. I think Conditt shuts him down also.

Perkins and Uhlis will probably come off the bench and hold Gabe and Brockington in check most of the night, but neither are shooting threats.

If our defense shows up and we can frustrate the Murray's into taking bad shots we win. Iowa is really bad defensively and I think we are a better rebounding team.

Cyclones win 70-64.
Joe T is terrible. He won't play more than 15 min tonight. Hunter in a completely different league. Ulis might be a better option to match up with Hunter.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm excited to get this one over with. Ideally with a win, but either way I just never look forward to this game anymore...not since Hoiberg days. Hopefully TJ can restore my faith that ISU men's bball can still beat the Hawks.

I have heard an unconfirmed rumor that we might be without Enaruna tonight. Hope it's not true.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'm excited to get this one over with. Ideally with a win, but either way I just never look forward to this game anymore...not since Hoiberg days. Hopefully TJ can restore my faith that ISU men's bball can still beat the Hawks.

I have heard an unconfirmed rumor that we might be without Enaruna tonight. Hope it's not true.

JFC

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Please not be true…. that would hurt a LOT!!

We don’t have enough players on the roster even with him.

• Agree
Reactions: Gunnerclone

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames

Steve couldn’t coach 5th graders how to run a tornado drill. Don’t let that scar you too long.

Help Support Us

Become a patron