*** Official Iowa vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Mar 21, 2021
giphy.gif
Love this. Cyclone is a GREAT college team name. We gonna blow you away....

Mar 21, 2021
What's the over/under on how many times Fran's face goes beet red during tonight's game?

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
The whole key to this game will be limiting the damage the Murray twins do.

I'm not worried at all about our backcourt. Bohannon can't even get a shot off against athletic guards and Conor barely plays anymore. Gabe will completely shut him down.

Joe T vs Hunter will be a good matchup. Hunter should be able to frustrate him and he's not much of a shooting threat.

Patrick will be a mismatch on Brockingon, can't let him get by for easy layups, the key will be making him force his patented runners in the lane which have about a 10% chance of success.

Murray will be a handful, I think he's a better all around player than Garza or Weiskamp was. He'll get his 20 but we need to make him inefficient. This isn't a game I see Enaruna playing much as I think he gets manhandled early and benched. I think we'll see Kunc on him most of the game.

Rebraca does a bunch of little things average, and nothing really well. I think Conditt shuts him down also.

Perkins and Uhlis will probably come off the bench and hold Gabe and Brockington in check most of the night, but neither are shooting threats.

If our defense shows up and we can frustrate the Murray's into taking bad shots we win. Iowa is really bad defensively and I think we are a better rebounding team.

Cyclones win 70-64.
I really think it comes down to us not turning the ball over and hitting some shots. We should be better on the boards than they are.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I really think it comes down to us not turning the ball over and hitting some shots. We should be better on the boards than they are.

Ty needs to be better at what he does with the ball.

Trends toward a wrong decision at times.

I'm sure Iowa will target him.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
This is what makes him so hate-able. If he was any good I'd respect the trash talk, but he's nowhere good enough for his level of cockiness.
Bohannon is really not good it he has a hand in his face. He had a hard time even getting a shot off against Illinois. We seem to forget that he really has been a non-factor in our games against Iowa. I’m more concerned w their other guards , they’re better than we think, and quicker.