*** Official Iowa vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Man watching that video I so miss when you could see the crowd on TV. This new movie theatre light set up is so boring and Carver Hawkeye like. Bring back old Hilton please lighting people.

And while we're at it let the rowdy folks sit in the lower bowl.

Reactions: NWICY

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Wow. Iowa State +5.5 it is. Crazy spread for a game at Hilton. Hopefully this season is the beginning of losing at home being an extremely rare event.

Reactions: DarkStar

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Nothing even pertaining as to why or what he's out with, but listed as simply "out" on the injury report. I don't use bing news regularly though, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I can hear it from a confirmed source.

Chris Kingsbury still plays for Iowa? Don’t tell JorBo that or he might try to play at Iowa forever.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

Nothing even pertaining as to why or what he's out with, but listed as simply "out" on the injury report. I don't use bing news regularly though, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I can hear it from a confirmed source.

I'm not a big Vegas watcher but I assume this explains the betting line and the trend toward Iowa?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

He did seem weirdly dejected on the bench at the end of the Creighton game. Didn't think anything of it other than he wanted to be on the court at the time, but maybe it was an injury?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm not a big Vegas watcher but I assume this explains the betting line and the trend toward Iowa?
It could, although I would be a bit surprised if Enaruna were to be enough on his own to shift a line too much. He's been good, but I would not say one of our top 4 or even 5 guys in terms of impact. If it's true I would really think a more credible source would have picked it up and reported it before Vegas knew about it. CW or Jared haven't said anything about it yet on the premium boards either.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
He did seem weirdly dejected on the bench at the end of the Creighton game. Didn't think anything of it other than he wanted to be on the court at the time, but maybe it was an injury?
I did not pick up on that. I hope it isn't something else like he isn't please with playing time or something and causing issues in the locker room. That would be a shot in the foot to TJ's momentum if it had to become a disciplinary thing.

Reactions: Flyfisher01

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I did not pick up on that. I hope it isn't something else like he isn't please with playing time or something and causing issues in the locker room. That would be a shot in the foot to TJ's momentum if it had to become a disciplinary thing.
I'm not worried about TJ losing the locker room, but I do think getting Enaruna to the best he can be this season is huge in our teams potential. Whether injury or other, hoping it gets better soon.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I just watched the highlights of the game and he seemed a tad down but still was getting up and cheering on his teammates when we were making plays. Also I don't think if this was any sort of disciplinary thing he'd be listed as out. That likely wouldn't have made it to whoever put together list.

I wouldn't read too much into any of that. If Kunc AND Enaruna were out or were game time decisions I'm sure we would've heard at least more rumors than it being listed as such on bing.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
KN4WIPB.gif

it's woodbury putting his hands on his hips that gets me

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
It could, although I would be a bit surprised if Enaruna were to be enough on his own to shift a line too much. He's been good, but I would not say one of our top 4 or even 5 guys in terms of impact. If it's true I would really think a more credible source would have picked it up and reported it before Vegas knew about it. CW or Jared haven't said anything about it yet on the premium boards either.

Reminds me a little of the year we lost BDJ before the game in Iowa City and the pre-game anxiety that caused. Hopefully this game parallels that one.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Reminds me a little of the year we lost BDJ before the game in Iowa City and the pre-game anxiety that caused. Hopefully this game parallels that one.

Who would step up and be Abdul Nadar.....................Jaden Walker?