*** Official IOWA STATE VS #2 Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
NET NEGATIVE

It does NOT MATTER to team success just HOW AMAZINGLY TALENTED and awe-inspiring ANY player’s raw talent IS. Kobe Bryant did crazy “cool things” the last several years of his NBA career (D*m^e^ selfish gunner). If/when you have ANY player whose team’s success SUFFERS when he (or she) is on the floor (like a net LOSS of points - and especially giving up leads) CONSISTENTLY – SUCH a person certainly does NOT BELONG on the floor during “crunch time!

The loss to Baylor is the SAME AS ANY OTHER LOSS – whether by ONE or by SIXTY. Put Solomon Young or Donovan Jackson into THAT game for the last FIVE MINUTES, and IMHO it would be a Cyclone WIN! Baylor was TOTALLY set up to lose, and wishful thinking LET Baylor off the hook!

Burton is NOT yet READY to come back and be reliable ENOUGH to fill the role that he NEEDS to fill - AND which this team NEEDS HIM to fill. …same old habits and tendencies” AND net negative game margins WHENEVER on the floor.

If he is blessed with all of this talent, then he is capable of CHANGE. Unless change is demanded and insisted upon, it WILL NOT HAPPEN!

Signed,

2 bad, so sad.

Is this a game where we mix the all caps words into different sentences for a secret message?

Didn't see the game...in some ways glad because it sounds like it was a few plays that made the difference, and that can be more frustrating. Sounds like a good game though too.

Hopefully some things are coming together and they can win a few games down the next stretch here. All available conference teams are capable of beating someone like ISU so wins will be tough to come by.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Which is why the stoppage was so critical. 10 times easier to score in a scramble than by inbounding it with the defense all set and in position.

I thought Prohm called the TO at first and was so angry with him because we were inbounding the ball and BU had barely made it to half court. It probably didn't matter, but I'd gladly give up those 0.4 seconds and not have the stoppage.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
After this game, we'll beat Baylor at Hilton by 25, am I right? But seriously, no game we can't win with tonight's effort. Guna be a tough/fun year, but those are the years where the wins are most appreciated.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
SURE - if we do NOT "play TO the level of our competition EVERY single Time!?!

Looks to me like it's generally a real competitive bunch of teams in the conference slate, so if ISU plays with a nice level of confidence and really gels, I like it.

My only hope is ISU making the tourney and that's absolutely attainable and possible right now.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought Prohm called the TO at first and was so angry with him because we were inbounding the ball and BU had barely made it to half court. It probably didn't matter, but I'd gladly give up those 0.4 seconds and not have the stoppage.

Couldn't watch...what happened? Ref stoppage?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
We have lost to the only undefeated teams in the nation by a combined total of 4 points. One game on the road and one on a neutral site. This is the team that we have. It might not be built like the team we thought it was going to be or hoped but it's what we have. I think they shown that they can compete with anyone just gotta figure out how to win. I hope they learned a thing or two the last few games.

We have lost some close ones against some really good teams. Unfortunately we don't have much in the win column to brag about yet.

We really just need to find a closer like Niang and we'll be set ;)

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
NET NEGATIVE

It does NOT MATTER to team success just HOW AMAZINGLY TALENTED and awe-inspiring ANY player’s raw talent IS. Kobe Bryant did crazy “cool things” the last several years of his NBA career (D*m^e^ selfish gunner). If/when you have ANY player whose team’s success SUFFERS when he (or she) is on the floor (like a net LOSS of points - and especially giving up leads) CONSISTENTLY – SUCH a person certainly does NOT BELONG on the floor during “crunch time!

The loss to Baylor is the SAME AS ANY OTHER LOSS – whether by ONE or by SIXTY. Put Solomon Young or Donovan Jackson into THAT game for the last FIVE MINUTES, and IMHO it would be a Cyclone WIN! Baylor was TOTALLY set up to lose, and wishful thinking LET Baylor off the hook!

Burton is NOT yet READY to come back and be reliable ENOUGH to fill the role that he NEEDS to fill - AND which this team NEEDS HIM to fill. …same old habits and tendencies” AND net negative game margins WHENEVER on the floor.

If he is blessed with all of this talent, then he is capable of CHANGE. Unless change is demanded and insisted upon, it WILL NOT HAPPEN!

Signed,

2 bad, so sad.

New champ for dumb post of the night. Nice job, Dr.

• Agree
Reactions: HornacekFan1414

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
This game is another example of Prohm trying to make Monte into something he is not. 4-18 isn't a bad shooting night it is a bad plan. Monte's ball security and assist game is beautiful. His scores come when the defense is looking for the pass. Trying to make him a score first point guard is not helping his NBA stock and definitely doesn't result in efficient offense. I sure hope Wiggington is a score first guy. Prohm might know how to coach him. It is worrisome to think his success at Murray State may only have been because his point guard was the best player on the court. That formula may not work in the big twelve. To many good players.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
NET NEGATIVE

Signed,

2 bad, so sad.
Open letter and caps lock? Hello new favorite poster.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
We have lost some close ones against some really good teams. Unfortunately we don't have much in the win column to brag about yet.

We really just need to find a closer like Niang and we'll be set ;)

Yep we don't miss Niang as much during the game as much we miss him at the end. ISU would just give him the ball at the end and let him facilitate. There never was a need to run set plays like they do now.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: riceville98