****Official Class of 2019 Recruiting Thread****

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
If you can compose your team, on average, of 1 top 50 kid, 1 top 50-100 kid, a few 100-150 kids and a few 150-250 kids, you're going to win a lot of games and compete for tournament runs (if you identify talent well). We're not going to have a top 50/top 100 pairing in every single class, but if we can always have a couple of those guys on the roster, and pair them with solid guys around them, we'll be in great shape (particularly with how well Prohm identifies and develops talent). This class so far looks like two really solid guys, with potential to be more than that.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I don't mind this recruiting class so far. Especially with a kid that has 5 star potential. Im a little leary of the Anderson kid but hell that is just going by ranking. If Prohm wants him I have to assume the kid can ball. Hoping he turns out to be the Next Dean Wade from Kansas State.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and Mr Janny

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
My perception of Anderson is he will be the piece that nobody oo's or ah's over, but he will play a Dustin Hogue-Junior year-type role and be a big part of the teams success. Gets some of the dirty work done when we need it, knock down mid range and three point jumpers when they are open, and provide some size and knowledge of the game out on the court. And you almost always know what you are going to get with him.

You can tell he is the son of a basketball coach by the way he is constantly creating good spacing or slashing to open spots for lay ups or an outlet of someone in trouble.

I think the idea of comparing him to other players "like him" is a bit novice.

Last edited:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
My perception of Anderson is he will be the piece that nobody oo's or ah's over, but he will play a Dustin Hogue-Junior year-type role and be a big part of the teams success. Get some some of the dirty work done when we need it, knock down mid range and three point jumpers when they are open, and provide some size and knowledge of the game out on the court. And you almost always know what you are going to get with him.

You can tell he is the son of a basketball coach by the way he is constantly creating good spacing or slashing to open spots for lay ups or an outlet of someone in trouble.

I think the idea of comparing him to other players "like him" is a bit novice.

well said. I could see him getting saddled with the dreaded "glue guy" label by his junior year. Which, isn't a bad thing at all, just cliched.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
well said. I could see him getting saddled with the dreaded "glue guy" label by his junior year. Which, isn't a bad thing at all, just cliched.

I am sure we will be saying he is a gym rat you'd love your daughter to be dating before we know it. Scrappy, sneaky quick not fast, you know?

Reactions: Mr Janny

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
He looks like a lower ceiling type guy, but offense is guard-dominant and doesn’t need stars at the 4. I think his height and dribble, pass and shoot skills will play for sure.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
He looks like a lower ceiling type guy, but offense is guard-dominant and doesn’t need stars at the 4. I think his height and dribble, pass and shoot skills will play for sure.

I see a Melvin Ejim type career. Probably not Big 12 POY type senior year, but a good player and steady contributor for 4 years.

• Agree
Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I just had the thought that play a Talley switchblade type role early in his career for Prohm (2-4) with potential to earn a starting role as an upperclassman. Valuable to have someone who can come in play ~15 minutes where ever the match up is the most beneficial or needed.
Prohm appeared looking for that guy with a scholly Luke Anderson and target Tyler Wahl (Wisky).

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I just had the thought that play a Talley switchblade type role early in his career for Prohm (2-4) with potential to earn a starting role as an upperclassman. Valuable to have someone who can come in play ~15 minutes where ever the match up is the most beneficial or needed.
Prohm appeared looking for that guy with a scholly Luke Anderson and target Tyler Wahl (Wisky).
Switchblade? Did you mean Swiss Army knife? o_O:D

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I just had the thought that play a Talley switchblade type role early in his career for Prohm (2-4) with potential...

Switchblade? Did you mean Swiss Army knife? o_O:D

Sheesh, whatever happened to the good ol' days of a Hogue foot to the gut, or a Kane poke to the eye? Why we gotta be bringing weapons onto the hardwood these days?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Sheesh, whatever happened to the good ol' days of a Hogue foot to the gut, or a Kane poke to the eye? Why we gotta be bringing weapons onto the hardwood these days?

Always worth posting again...

cropped_hogue-kick.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron