*** Official #5 Kansas State vs #12 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
TL's passing into the post is a thing of beauty! Enjoying the hell out of this season and hate to look past it, but I think we'll need a big in next year's portal. Any potential transfers watching Lipsey have got to like what they're seeing. Osun's progress in one season under TJ and coach Green is eye grabbing. I can see why Omaha's coming to ISU because of the coaching he'll get. TJ has built a monster and don't ever expect much of a decline "ever" during his time in Ames.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
I
BRE does play an important role: playing tough defense, sealing off the defensive glass, absorbing fouls, keeping Osunniyi fresh & scoring on the occasional put back. He’s good and effective in that role. Asking him to do more than that is inviting trouble.
Mostly agree, but i do think he played very poor defense last night. Same with Ward.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
TL's passing into the post is a thing of beauty! Enjoying the hell out of this season and hate to look past it, but I think we'll need a big in next year's portal. Any potential transfers watching Lipsey have got to like what they're seeing. Osun's progress in one season under TJ and coach Green is eye grabbing. I can see why Omaha's coming to ISU because of the coaching he'll get. TJ has built a monster and don't ever expect much of a decline "ever" during his time in Ames.
I think Ward can fill that role with some work on his offensive game. He's very athletically gifted

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
We ended last season at 171st in offensive efficiency
The “floor” is definitely higher w/Holmes and Osunniyi vs last year. Holmes getting tough buckets helps prevent offensive lulls from turning into long scoring droughts. Osunniyi’s inside scoring punch creates another, reliable option that teams have to defend.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Haven’t seen much talk about the crowd…was at the game and that was one of the most sustained energy games I’ve been too. Not the loudest because K-State hit some clutch, key 3s but the crowd got into it on every single key possession. Not sure how it sounded on TV but it was a fun as hell game to be at.
I think ESPN started doing something different with their crowd mics when they started the whole remote announcers thing and have never switched it back. It used to be when Hilton hit peak volume, you could barely hear the announcers. Now, no matter how loud it gets, it's just background noise and you can barely tell the difference between an ISU game with 14,300 at full throat or a game in Norman with 1500. Yet another way ESPN has screwed the pooch.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think ESPN started doing something different with their crowd mics when they started the whole remote announcers thing and have never switched it back. It used to be when Hilton hit peak volume, you could barely hear the announcers. Now, no matter how loud it gets, it's just background noise and you can barely tell the difference between an ISU game with 14,300 at full throat or a game in Norman with 1500. Yet another way ESPN has screwed the pooch.
Yeah, and that is truly stupid. The sound of a great crowd in a frenzy adds way more to the broadcast than whatever the announcer is saying in those moments.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Tamin really made them pay for sagging off him on the perimeter. He just calmly used that space to set up his passes.
That's the amazing thing about Tamin. Usually when that happens, a guy just becomes a dark hole for the team and bogs down the offense. Tamin has such incredible vision, patience, and playmaking ability, he makes teams pay for doing it.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
That's the amazing thing about Tamin. Usually when that happens, a guy just becomes a dark hole for the team and bogs down the offense. Tamin has such incredible vision, patience, and playmaking ability, he makes teams pay for doing it.
He just knows how to take advantage of what they're trying to do, and I guarantee he's going to use the sagging off as fuel this offseason to develop a serviceable outside shot. Once he develops that, he's going to be an extremely tough guy to guard.

Reactions: exCYtable

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
The “floor” is definitely higher w/Holmes and Osunniyi vs last year. Holmes getting tough buckets helps prevent offensive lulls from turning into long scoring droughts. Osunniyi’s inside scoring punch creates another, reliable option that teams have to defend.

Definitely, but even then, our efficiency in assisting on made baskets is impressive. We move the ball really well, with purpose.
I think that's all Holmes. Nice to have 2 guys with pg skills on the floor at once. Reminds me of Tinsley and Horton on the floor. In fact, Holmes reminds me a lot of Horton.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think that's all Holmes. Nice to have 2 guys with pg skills on the floor at once. Reminds me of Tinsley and Horton on the floor. In fact, Holmes reminds me a lot of Horton.
Holmes, and Lipsey. Holmes applies all sorts of pressure on the defense at all three levels, and Lipsey just stays under control and makes the right plays, time after time.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
One small item I loved from last night was Watson refusing to back down on two different occasions to KSU players who didn't like him getting in their space. Our freshman are tough.

It's probably me not remembering correctly, but I swear Watson looks like he has put on some good weight since November.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron