*** Official #14 IOWA STATE vs #2 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I think I had something going on that night so i missed it live. My biggest triggered moment was when that guy banked that half court buzzer beater to send it to OT.

That look on Tyrus Mc3s face was all you needed to know about how ridiculous Kansas is with the cheating and lucky bounces.
I don't recall the half court. I remember the Ben Macklemore bank shot. Same thing?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I think I had something going on that night so i missed it live. My biggest triggered moment was when that guy banked that half court buzzer beater to send it to OT.

That look on Tyrus Mc3s face was all you needed to know about how ridiculous Kansas is with the cheating and lucky bounces.

Ben McLemore? I was at that game.

Kansas must be destroyed.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Wasn't that the one at the Phog? Both KU/ISU games went to OT that year.

I'm referring to the game in Hilton. Niang got called for a foul during a scramble but somewhere in there Withy clearly fouled an ISU player at halfcourt that would have been his 5th but they called the foul on someone about 5 feet away.

CarterCloneFan

Dec 3, 2018
this all the way. and the Varsity Network app is much improved over its initial rollout, too. it sucked a bit the first football season it replaced TuneIn, but i rarely have issues anymore.
I’ve always wanted to try this but never have, do you have it as an app for your phone or like on the TV and it syncs up? Just curious!

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

I'm referring to the game in Hilton. Niang got called for a foul during a scramble but somewhere in there Withy clearly fouled an ISU player at halfcourt that would have been his 5th but they called the foul on someone about 5 feet away.

Should have swept KU that season.

Let's make up for it this year. Kansas must be destroyed.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I swear I just got an alert saying it's moved to espn 2. Did I imagine that?

Edit: nevermind still groggy. The alert said the marquee match up was KU Iowa State, but the advertisement was for GameDay "now in espn2".

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Oh yeah, I remember the controversy over that game, just didn't get to see it live when it happened.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
High scoring, down to the wire affair (Would you expect anything less?)

92-88 Iowa State.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Come on Cyclones go down to Allen Fieldhouse and SLAY THE BEEKERS aka The CHEATIN' JAYHAWKS!!
A Victory Would Be So SWEET!!
....and remember GO CYCLONES!

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I didn't read all the posts but I find it odd that the other games in Big 12 are on an ESPN channel but what is objectively the most marquee match-up in the conference is only streamed. I'm sure there are reasons for it but it's strange to me.

Lipsey is going to show Purdy-like calm today at Allen and we're going to hang tough. I think.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper