*** Official #14 IOWA STATE vs #2 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Fun weekend coming up. Men today, women tomorrow and outside of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament, the sports event I enjoy most with Wild Card weekend (doesn't hurt Cincinnati is playing either).

If Gabe and Caleb continue their offensive excellence, I think we have a very good shot at a victory today. Conversely, a loss would not be the end of the world (regardless of what CF may tell you). This is the toughest conference in the country, but KU seems to be a step above everyone.

thakeepa14

Jan 10, 2007
St. Paul, MN
I know several Jayhawk fans, who despite being wonderful people most of the time, willfully turn a blind eye to the cheating. Their beloved Kansas can do no wrong. I hope they are forced to vacate the national championship. I hope Self is publicly humiliated. But more than anything, I hope this is the beginning of a winning streak against them that brews a hate within them. A hate that they’ll need to climb out of their referee-protected fog fun house and travel to a better looking campus in Ames. No place could ever exist that doesn’t have their beloved hills!!!

Reactions: cychhosis

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
What’s the over/under for how many times KU fans boo today? Apparently they don’t boo at all.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
77gr8b.jpg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
CF will crash regardless of the outcome.

If ISU gets beat, what are the odds by a certain CF crowd titled 'If ISU wants to win a regular season conference title you have to win in Lawrence' with posts questioning whether or not ISU has the right guy, like it's totally normal for either at ISU.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
If ISU gets beat, what are the odds by a certain CF crowd titled 'If ISU wants to win a regular season conference title you have to win in Lawrence' with posts questioning whether or not ISU has the right guy, like it's totally normal for either at ISU.
FWIW phog doesn't seem daunting anymore. It's rare they get to do the rock chalk chart in conference play. ISU has had a number of near losses as have others in that gym.

Now just take care of business.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Agree.

Just listen to John and Eric, no TV. You will not have to hear the KU mantra from the announcers. You won't have to listen to "Self is the best coach", yada yada. You won't have visual imagery of the 2-3 blatant miscalls which are about to come. You won't have any blue red Phog rock chalk jayhawk KU fan imagery.

this all the way. and the Varsity Network app is much improved over its initial rollout, too. it sucked a bit the first football season it replaced TuneIn, but i rarely have issues anymore.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
FWIW phog doesn't seem daunting anymore. It's rare they get to do the rock chalk chart in conference play. ISU has had a number of near losses as have others in that gym.

Now just take care of business.

I also think NIL/transfer has really played a part in this in that you don't have KU just dominating with returners every year.

I think this is the time of year to play them there since Self usually takes this first conference month to rev things up.

We'll see what happens; this is a perfect challenge for KU and ISU is not under the radar.
Gameday!!!GameDay!!!! What will it be this year?

Banked halfcourt shots at the buzzer, missed blatant goaltending, maybe their best player fouling out but them giving it to Yesufu on the bench?

That triggers me worse than the Niang call.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I also think NIL/transfer has really played a part in this in that you don't have KU just dominating with returners every year.

I think this is the time of year to play them there since Self usually takes this first conference month to rev things up.

We'll see what happens; this is a perfect challenge for KU and ISU is not under the radar.

Agree. Feel like only thing that'd make it better would be 1 pm tip. Picturing ISU on the FT line, sealing the game, while mid afternoonn winter light casting long ominous shadows on the misdeeds of that program.

Magnificent.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

I think I had something going on that night so i missed it live. My biggest triggered moment was when that guy banked that half court buzzer beater to send it to OT.

That look on Tyrus Mc3s face was all you needed to know about how ridiculous Kansas is with the cheating and lucky bounces.