National Duals

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
That seems like a tall order after losing Gadson and Moreno after next year, aka the only two guys that are going to get us any points at this year's tourney.

Hard to argue with that. We just have to hope some other guys can step up to fill the void.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
One last thing........NEICyFan when are you going to remove your head from Judoka's ***?

He's been riding me hard for a while. It's his turn now. It would be nice to see him own up to his smoke and mirrors routine in the UNI thread.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
At least we do not have to worry our current coach might take another job in Joyville.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Let the season play out. Lets see how the team does at Big 12's and Nationals. I think we saw some steps up from different guys at different points. Lets see if the team can put it all together at the Big 12 and steal some berths to NCAA. Then SUPPORT our guys at Nationals.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
He's been riding me hard for a while. It's his turn now. It would be nice to see him own up to his smoke and mirrors routine in the UNI thread.

You might have to work harder from the bottom to reduce his riding time then. :wink:

*This is a joke.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
I don't think decent recruiting will get us in the top 5 let alone contending for titles especially when I'm just not that awed by the development of the guys we have now. For every decent kid we bring in PSU, OU, OSU, tOSU, Minny, Iowa, Cornell etc are bringing in a horse. Decent won' t close the gap. I'm far from a KJ/program basher. I want it to work especially for great Cyclones like TnT and Jackson but I can't see the trajectory. Something is wrong and the trend is not going in the right direction.

Appreciate and respect your opinion Judoka and I hope you're right but I'm losing faith more and more by the day.

^This is correct^

It was said elsewhere, but KJ seems pretty good at taking an elite level wrestler and pushing them to greatness (Varner, Reader...to some extent Z). However, none of those elite level talents were recruited by him and the closest we have now (Moreno and Gadsen) are primarily here because they are legacies.

Young kids today have no idea who Kevin Jackson was as a wrestler. Add to that, he was out of the coaching spotlight for a long time after his competitive days...all they know now is he's taken ISU to new lows. It's time for JP to own up to the fact that it was a bad hire and move on. Let someone else coach Moreno and Gadsen in their last year and hope they can build some momentum.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Wrestling looks to be way down the list of priorities for JP right now, especially after catching some of the Iowa State Classic track meet last weekend at Lied. There is no question that Pollard wants to make track and field a major, big-time sport at ISU. After FB and men's and women's BB, I'd bet track is the major thing on his mind.
Regarding wrestling, I'm sure the sport loses money at every school, but the key is to lose as little as possible. Our attendance and fan interest decline in wrestling, and the huge budget deficit, has to concern anyone about the future of Kevin Jackson.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
Wrestling looks to be way down the list of priorities for JP right now, especially after catching some of the Iowa State Classic track meet last weekend at Lied. There is no question that Pollard wants to make track and field a major, big-time sport at ISU. After FB and men's and women's BB, I'd bet track is the major thing on his mind.
Regarding wrestling, I'm sure the sport loses money at every school, but the key is to lose as little as possible. Our attendance and fan interest decline in wrestling, and the huge budget deficit, has to concern anyone about the future of Kevin Jackson.

That would be a huge mistake by JP. Wrestling is a small budget sport but has the potential for a decent amount of increased income

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Case in point with my one reply... for ****'s sake get the hell off of twitter....don't like what people are saying, get your *** to the gym workout put in the extra effort don't sit there and play cry baby on social media. I wish there was a damn rule that the wrestlers arent allowed on twitter or facebook or vine or what other bs social media there is from the time the season starts till the time they win a championship. If you got enough time to read tweets/blogs you have enough time to do some extra work at the gym.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
That would be a huge mistake by JP. Wrestling is a small budget sport but has the potential for a decent amount of increased income
I'm with NEI on this one... JP would be a damn idiot to put wrestling below track and field I dont care what personal connection he has with the program. In the state of Iowa, wrestling will always draw more attention than track and field period, and if he can't see that and figure that out than maybe it is time for him to have his head examined.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I've been on the fence this year. As a season ticket holder i really liked what i saw at the end of last year and the NCAA's. But have been a little disappointed. I think the making is there to have a good squad but my one big issue since KJ has been here is the lack of aggression. I hate the Brands in Iowa City but you know that about every wrestler that goes on the mat, they are going to be aggressive. I think Nickerson has done a solid job so far and the same way with Paulson. And I'm with the crowd that thinks JP could give 2 s***s about wrestling. Wish that would change but just don't see that happening.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron