Mizzou to SEC "inevitable and imminent"

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
WVU is every bit as bad. Their fans are obnoxious. I'd also like to see another academic heavyweight as well. Maybe Rutgers is a better choice.

West Virginia is a Top 15 football program over the past few years and a better geographic fit that provides a good rival with Cincy and Louisville. Rutgers is better than Louisville, but I would take WVU over either. WVU would do more for TV ratings too. Closest thing to a national brand the Big East has.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
So if the Big 10 ends up going to 16 one day does the Big 10 take Missouri from the SEC?

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Ames to Cincy - 609 miles / 10 hours
Ames to Provo 1186 miles / 18 hours (including the most boring stretch through Nebby)

I'll take Cincy over BYU.

The networks want BYU instead of Cincy and the networks and BYU will eventually work things out where they join the B12.

It sucks for the B12 and ISU if Mizzou leaves. ND and Arkansas are the only schools that can adequately replace them and one can assume the TV networks will be looking into devaluing existing and future B12 deals if they bolt. And if those deals are reduced by a significant portion, the likes of UT and OU could again check out other options.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Does anyone actually care if they stay or go? The B12 will get quality replacements. Buh-by Moo U.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
So if the Big 10 ends up going to 16 one day does the Big 10 take Missouri from the SEC?

No and that is good for ISU if the Big 10 does expand to 16. KU, ISU and Rutgers are the only contiguous AAU schools available for the Big 10 to expand with.

Which is another reason why it is senseless for Mizzou to bolt to the SEC now.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010
No and that is good for ISU if the Big 10 does expand to 16. KU, ISU and Rutgers are the only contiguous AAU schools available for the Big 10 to expand with.

Which is another reason why it is senseless for Mizzou to bolt to the SEC now.

I wish the Big 10 would just take Kansas, Notre Dame, ISU, and Rutgers so we can stop paying attention to all this realignment mess.

cyman05

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2010

Anybody see this in Thamel's article??? How long did it take from the beginning of the A&M thread until they were actually accepted?

It is expected that the SEC presidents will tie the same caveat about legal entanglements to Missouri’s application that they did to Texas A&M’s. The SEC has made it clear that they want no part of any legal problems, which held up Texas A&M’s admission for more than a month.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Orangebloods has also confirmed it. Chip said top candidates are Louisville, WV and BYU.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I wish the Big 10 would just take Kansas, Notre Dame, ISU, and Rutgers so we can stop paying attention to all this realignment mess.

If Mizzou leaves, I agree with you but this scenario depends on ND and it appears the B10 is currently playing 2nd fiddle to the ACC at this point for full conference membership if it ever happens for ND. The B12 may be also ahead of the B10.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I too want Louisville, WVU, and Cincy. Geography is really big for me and I like the idea of the 4 three team pods. BYU only works if Mizzou stays and Louisville is added as #11.

Sample schedule with 3 team pods. Each team has protected rivals in each of the other pods that they play the year they don't play that pod. That way, OU and UT always play each other. The protected rivals are based on the the computer ratings of the teams in your pod so that #1's play each other over the next 6 years, #2's play each other and #3's play each other. (I didn't attempt to look at any computer ratings, so the below are guesses.)

Team
Year 1
Year 3
Year 5
(Switch in even years)

North
Iowa State
@KU, KSU, Cen, Sou, @Cin
@KU, KSU, East, Cen, @TTU
@KU, KSU, Sou, East, @Bay

(ISU would always play KU, KSU, Cin, TTU and Baylor every year and rest of teams every 4 out of 6 years.)

Kansas
ISU,@KSU, Cen, Sou, @Lville
ISU, @KSU, East, Cen, @TCU
ISU, @KSU, Sou, East, @OSU

Kansas State
@ISU,KU, Cen, Sou, @WVU
@ISU, KU, East, Cen, @Texas
@ISU, KU, Sou, East, @OU

Central
Baylor
@OU, OSU, Nor, East, @TTU
@OU, OSU, Sou, Nor, @Cin
@OU, OSU, Sou, East, ISU

Oklahoma
Bay, @OSU, Nor, East, @Texas
Bay, @OSU, Sou, Nor, @WVU
Bay, @OSU, Sou, East, KSU

Oklahoma State
@Bay, OU, Nor, East, @TCU
@Bay, OU, Sou, Nor, @Lville
@Bay, OU, Sou, East, KU

South
Texas
@TCU, TT, Nor, East, OU
@TCU, TT, Cen, East, KSU
@TCU, TT, Nor, Cen, @WVU

Texas Christian
UT, @TT, Nor, East, OSU
UT, @TT, Cen, East, KU
UT, @TT, Nor, Cen, @Lville

Texas Tech
@UT, TCU, Nor, East, Bay
@UT, TCU, Cen, East, ISU
@UT, TCU, Nor, Cen, @Cin

East
Cincinnati
@Lville, WVU, Cen, Sou, ISU
@Lville, WVU, Sou, Nor, Bay
@Lville, WVU, Nor, Cen, TT

Louisville
Cin, @WVU, Cen, Sou, KU
Cin, @WVU, Sou, Nor, OSU
Cin, @WVU, Nor, Cen, TCU

West Virginia
@Cin, Lville, Cen, Sou, KSU
@Cin, Lville, Cen, Sou, OU
@Cin, Lville, Nor, Cen, UT

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I don't like how it further isolated us. but screw it. If we add WVU, Cincy, and Louisville I will be a happy man.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The minute MU leaves the B12, I hope the B12 comes out with a statement relocating the bball tournament next year and doesn't schedule any more games inside the boarders of Missouri.

Except for Kansas City has been 110% behind the Big 12 and pleading Missouri to stay. Hope the tourney stays there for years to come... it is a blast.

Especially while all their fans will be a thousand miles away in Atlanta... LOL

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Put me down for adding Tulane.

I would love road trips to the Big Easy. Beats the Heck out of most of the other Big 12 places a fan would have to travel to for a road game.

A man has to have his priorities....
:yes:

Reactions: nickcyv

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
That's been the problem. People don't consider the source, and continually post the latest tweet as though these idiots are authoritative.

As we've seen with recruiting, the right sources on twitter are very informative. On conference realignment, twitter is just a constant and annoying source of misinformation.
You might as well post the most recent Family Circus or Calvin and Hobbs comic strip and pretend like it means something about the future.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Except for Kansas City has been 110% behind the Big 12 and pleading Missouri to stay. Hope the tourney stays there for years to come... it is a blast.

Especially while all their fans will be a thousand miles away in Atlanta... LOL

This is bad for Iowa State. The Big 12 tournament will never be in Kansas City again. Look for Oklahoma City to host the occasional tournament while Dallas becomes the permanent host. Bad, bad, bad, bad news.

By the way, have fun traveling to the Georgia Dome for basketball MU. Way to be fan-friendly.