Meyer as starter

What are the chances Meyer will be the starting QB this fall?

• 100%

Votes: 293 79.6%
  • 75%

Votes: 59 16.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • No chance

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
I thought it was 100% until I had a conversation with someone at ISU the other night. Now I am thinking Arnaud is more of a challenge than I thought....

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Meyer as starter = 100%....more or less

I voted for 100% then found out that everyone who has voted also voted for 100%.

I don't know whether to thank the person that designed the vote counter or not because unfortuantely I was the first -- and only -- voter counted. Talk about deflating. Here I thought I got something right for once and no one has confirmed me. Rats!

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
he may challenge but he wont get it. you dont just pull a 3 yr starter who has timing down with his wrs and has that career stats and experience that bret has to put in an underclassman

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
95% in my little book. Bret is athletic and needs better scheme and blocking to be effective. He is not a super runner, but he is a very accurate passer. Given swufficient blocking time time, he is deadly with his poassing ability. Yet you want to play the backup also. Just ask Austin Flynn.

Last edited:

guitarchitect7

Oct 8, 2006
www.chrisboeke.com
Though we want to debate this because it makes for good message board discussions, there is no reason why Meyer wouldn't start; shouldn't start. This guy has got talent. You dont get voted Pre-season All Big 12 QB for nothing. Hopefully our OL can improve and we can see why everyone thinks highly of him.

I have always questioned his ability to scan the field, but only hope this was the lack of time to be able to do so. We shall see in two months.

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Meyer will definately be the starter. Meyer is one of the only ways ISU will be competitive this year. I'm sure Arnaud will be a great player, at whatever position he does play down the road, but this is Meyers year and hopefully he'll live up to the hype. I'm looking forward to having a Bates and Arnaud discussion in about one year though.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
meyer will start, yes arnaud will challenge him, which will make meyer better, but it wouldnt be smart to bench him

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
The only question about Meyer this year is whether or not he can learn how not to take a sack. Hopefully AA can get some good snaps in though.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
how does a guy start 3 years and then have "no chance" to start his senior year w/o injury? lol! I hope AA makes him work his *** off.

AA will.. he is a big time competitor and an outstanding leader.. meyer will have to work his tail off, but with that said meyer should stil start

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I voted for- Are you kidding me?

Haha i love it. The fact that this is even up for discussion astonishes me.

Chizik is no idiot. You don't come into your first season as a head coach and decide to lead your team with a redshirt freshman when you have a 3 year starter on your team. Meyer has played at Texas, OU, Nebraska, Iowa. Arnaud has not. Experience is everything

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Bret is a deadly passer if he is not running for his life. He does not make too many mistakes throwing the ball if he has blocking. Someone gave me negative rep for using the word deadly, but I stick to my guns that we have a qb who can thow the hardball or can float the ball with accuracy. Playing in a wind tunnel does not help. If Gene gets his blocking team, I expect a big offensive year. If things roll the right way, we might even have some blowout wins. I think we were so predictable last year that we shot ourselves in the foot. I rteally think people will be surprised when they come to JTS.

jparker22

May 1, 2006
Ames
If I am reading the poll results correctly, 5 people have succumed to the cold weather. Those five are gone...now we just have to worry about the other 29 that are standing out in the elements waiting to freeze to death. I abstain from this poll as a protest to the nature of its premise. We are not EIU and we do not need a redshirt starting ahead of our best QB since Wallace. Meyer is going to hold numerous records..oh forget it. Good poll I will enjoy watching the speculation that ensues.

sdsmith4

Mar 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
As good as Arnaud might be, he is not ready to start over Meyer, you don't just bench Bret Meyer, Arnaud will have three years or so to start, he can wait his turn!