Meyer as starter

What are the chances Meyer will be the starting QB this fall?

• 100%

Votes: 293 79.6%
  • 75%

Votes: 59 16.0%
  • 50%

Votes: 14 3.8%
  • No chance

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
There is NO CHANCE Meyer does not start if he is healthy. Arnaud may be good, but he has no experience. BUT, I would recommend that Mr. Chizik do what Missouri did with Smith/Daniels back in 2005. That move I think really helped Missouri out this year!

cyclonekj

Apr 11, 2006
lol, I notice somebody voted he had no chance to start. funny stuff :laugh8kb:

Is Arnaud reading this board? :biggrin9gp:

Seriously, the future at QB looks very good, but why do some people want to shuck our current (very good and also experienced) quarterback early to get there? :no6xn:

MaxPower57

Mar 30, 2006
I'm pretty sure it wasn't Arnaud who voted for it, I'm leaning towards it being Nate "The Next Van Winkle" Mechaelson

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
There is NO CHANCE Meyer does not start if he is healthy. Arnaud may be good, but he has no experience. BUT, I would recommend that Mr. Chizik do what Missouri did with Smith/Daniels back in 2005. That move I think really helped Missouri out this year!

I could see this happening some I think they will get some formations with both of them in there at the same time (Meyer did catch a pass last year) and have Arnaud do some running like Tebow since he is bigger and stronger then Meyer.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I honestly believe GC will try playing two QB's in key games. Otherwise, Meyer is the QB for most games.

I disagree. Our QB's have basically the same style. So what benefit do we get by having a two-headed system?

I'd be shocked if we did something like this. Maybe for an early game or two in order to see what Arnaud can do. Yet I can't see it going any further than that.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I think Madden once said that the most popular player on a losing team is the back-up QB. Maybe so. Fun discussion. But not reality. If Meyer doesn't start, I'll eat dog poo.

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
I could see this happening some I think they will get some formations with both of them in there at the same time (Meyer did catch a pass last year) and have Arnaud do some running like Tebow since he is bigger and stronger then Meyer.

Good thought, but I am pretty sure that Arnaud is not nearly as big as Tebow. He would just motor over everyone that tried to tackle him.

Tebow: 6'3" 229
Arnaud: 6'2" 205 (for clarification)

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Just funny that people keep trying to invent a Florida quarterback situation here because they won a championship.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I can only think of 3 reasons why Meyer wouldn't start.

1. He gets hurt. (this is the only realistic reason in the 3)

2. He proves on gameday he just isn't cut out for it (we've seen him for 3 years already, so something bad will have to happen)

3. in Practice, he isn't pushing himself to get better and earn his job. (I'd say, knowing how he came in and took the job from Flynn, that this would be next to impossible. I just don't see him losing his competetive nature.)

I'd be absolutely baffled as to why Meyer wouldn't start. Not to mention, if someone else does take his job, they better be winning all the games. As I believe he'll have to work for his job, his experience on the field is worth more than just about anything else that could come into play.

Help Support Us

Become a patron