Leach Fired

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I never said he couldn't tell him to, but I said there should be consequences, which there was so I guess the system works. I just think it's interesting how most people think there shouldn't be consequences, that's all.

It's hard to keep up with the facts vs. rumors of this story, is the part where he stationed someone outside the garage to make sure he didn't leave still true?

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Why was he being punished again?

I ask, because Leach and his attorney has stated that it wasn't punishment.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Actually you would would probably face significant punishment if your employer required a doctors note. Say you were gone for a week with, I dunno, the flu. You have a doctors note verifying this. Well you go to the doctor Monday and he says you are all clear. Then you head to work an tell your boss you cannot work. He then asks for verification and you have none. Do you think there would be no repercussions?
Do you have a link to the story that says he was cleared to practice on the day he was put in the shed? Like I said, hard to keep up with the ever changing "facts".

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Looks like parents now run the show in Division 1 football now. The Mangino and Leach situations prove this. Kansas and Texas Tech have set very dangerous precedents by firing their coaches because of parents complaints. Welcome to the bottom of the Big 12 Texas Tech because that is where you will now be due to the firing of your most successful coach ever.

Don't compare these two situations. Mangino had numerous players coming out alleging personal attacks and had a player that had 2nd degree burns because of a punishment.

Leach had one kid come out with what I consider some pretty weak sauce but since his dad is a tv figure, he has him outted within a week.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I never said he couldn't tell him to, but I said there should be consequences, which there was so I guess the system works. I just think it's interesting how most people think there shouldn't be consequences, that's all.

It's hard to keep up with the facts vs. rumors of this story, is the part where he stationed someone outside the garage to make sure he didn't leave still true?

Consequences for what? Those who fire someone unjustly?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Do you have a link to the story that says he was cleared to practice on the day he was put in the shed? Like I said, hard to keep up with the ever changing "facts".

No I don't. I have tried to be careful and say if he was cleared. If he wasn't that changes things but I still don't think the punishment was very harsh.

Check out this
E-mails dispute James' claims of mistreatment - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

I am not using ESPN for this situation, in fact, that should be staying away from this too. Definitely a conflict of interest. They should just report facts and be done with it.

Reactions: CyGuy33

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Bet you 5 bucks it doesn't get there. Out of court settlement heavily in Leach's favor.

That is why you should watch the Youtube video of his lawyer's walk around the practice facility before the judge "seals" it.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Bet you 5 bucks it doesn't get there. Out of court settlement heavily in Leach's favor.
I don't know if I'd say it's in Leach's favor, anything that comes out of the settlement is going to be better financially for Tech than having to pay the rest of his contract. So either way, Leach is getting screwed, it's just a matter of how much.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona

I'd take that bet. I too think there will be a settlement but I'm not sure where it would be heavily in Leach's favor.

It's very likely that Tech used this situation as an excuse to fire him, but that doesn't mean that technically there wasn't cause to fire him.

That's like the thread about getting fired for playing fantasy football at the office that was on here before. Just because it could be treated with a slap on the wrist doesn't mean it isn't also cause for firing.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't know if I'd say it's in Leach's favor, anything that comes out of the settlement is going to be better financially for Tech than having to pay the rest of his contract. So either way, Leach is getting screwed, it's just a matter of how much.

who cares if its not the whole contract. He can get a sizable check in the settlement, and then go land another job somewhere else.

Reactions: swarthmoreCY

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
who cares if its not the whole contract. He can get a sizable check in the settlement, and then go land another job somewhere else.

Agreed. I kinda think if Meyer had decided to just step down for good and not leave it open - that would be a really good fit for both Leach and Florida.

As is, not sure what job he'd take right now. Best route may be to take a year off to beat the tar out of Tech in the courtroom and wait for a big job to open up for 2011.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Agreed. I kinda think if Meyer had decided to just step down for good and not leave it open - that would be a really good fit for both Leach and Florida.

As is, not sure what job he'd take right now. Best route may be to take a year off to beat the tar out of Tech in the courtroom and wait for a big job to open up for 2011.

You might have a point there.

Any positions that arent open now but might be open after a bowl game?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron