• F - Coldplay, Marry - DMB, Kill - U2

Votes: 23 27.1%

• Total voters

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I saw Coldplay in 2008 and it was a fantastic show. I also enjoyed DMB when they came to Ames in lets say 2004? So goodbye, U2.

DMB played Ames. U2 played in Jack Trice in 1992-ish. So Coldplay should die out of principle.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
DMB is a live band. Their studio albums are fine, but their live shows are the best in the business. Their catalog of music is so massive that you could follow them around Dead Head style and not hear the same playlist twice - ever. I have seen well over 50 shows over the years (I lived in VA when they were first getting started and saw them at small clubs too). I've taken several people to shows through the past several years who held opinions like yours and they each became pretty big fans afterwards. Give a live show a shot.
I'm a metal head. It's hard for me to sit and chill that long. Bands like Periphery, Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders or Polyphia scratch my itch for high level musicianship but I'm sure I could enjoy a DMB show.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I'm a metal head. It's hard for me to sit and chill that long. Bands like Periphery, Between the Buried and Me, Animals as Leaders or Polyphia scratch my itch for high level musicianship but I'm sure I could enjoy a DMB show.
HELLO! Now you're speaking my language. BtBaM at Woolys a few years back was incredible and I'm really bummed I missed Animals as Leaders when they came around. I lean more toward the stoner rock/metal genre, so bands like Elder, ISIS, Somali Yacht Club, All Them Witches, King Buffalo scratch my itch a little more.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
HELLO! Now you're speaking my language. BtBaM at Woolys a few years back was incredible and I'm really bummed I missed Animals as Leaders when they came around. I lean more toward the stoner rock/metal genre, so bands like Elder, ISIS, Somali Yacht Club, All Them Witches, King Buffalo scratch my itch a little more.
I saw BTBAM in South Florida on my birthday as a surprise gift from my girlfriend. When I got there they announced they were playing the Colors album front to back because it was the 10 year anniversary. Polyphia played before them. Crazy lucky.

I also saw BTBAM about 15 years ago in Iowa City, with Veil of Maya and Animals as Leaders. We didn't even pay attention to AAL because we had never heard of them! Lololol