KXNO Sports Fanatics

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Can we change this thread title to ‘general ******** about a lack of representation on DSM sports radio’

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
Just listened to a pod from the morning rush today. Good god no wonder I haven't listened to that show in years.

I am wanting to listen to anything ISU right now, that was a mistake thinking I would find it there. Dudes think they are really funny but are complete opposite.

How the **** are they still on the air? That is just bad bad radio.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Just listened to a pod from the morning rush today. Good god no wonder I haven't listened to that show in years.

I am wanting to listen to anything ISU right now, that was a mistake thinking I would find it there. Dudes think they are really funny but are complete opposite.

How the **** are they still on the air? That is just bad bad radio.

Definitely won't get ISU coverage from the Morning Rush. At least not good or substantial. Maybe a token mention or joke.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Half the show is dead air because of them laughing at each other being unfunny.
I mean what else do they have to talk about?

It isn't like there is some big game today that impacts the at least some of the people in their listening area, right?

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I got a pretty good chuckle out of Andy’s explanation of why Murph is in Albany covering “the Iowa women.” Lol.
Can you share what Andy's explanation was for those of us who'd rather not listen to the M&A show?

Edit: Never mind, I just bit down hard, clicked on the link, and listened to the beginning of the show where Andy was asked how WHO TV decides who to send to cover the various sporting events.

You could tell Andy was very uncomfortable admitting that WHO sends the Varsity (Murphy) to cover the Iowa women and the JV (can't remember the reporters name) to cover the Iowa State men in the Sweet 16.

If you ever had any doubts, this should remove them. I'm so done with Murphy and WHO.

Last edited:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Can you share what Andy's explanation was for those of us who'd rather not listen to the M&A show?
He's got good rapport with CC's parents, covered them last year and he's great at what he does. WHO-TV is spending most of their money on Iowa Women. They probably wouldn't have sent anyone to cover the Iowa men if they would have made it.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
A few days Travis did say Okie St is a basketball school with good fan support.

LMAO I heard that segment as well. OSU isn't the same as it was back in the 80;s and 90's and I'm surprised Justice doesn't understand that.

Reactions: CyNews

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Caught a little bit of each of the last three shows today. Tomorrow could be unbearable.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Waiting for Iowa media folks to tell us to bow our heads tomorrow when the sky darkens from the eclipse as a way to pay homage to the women’s team for the 4 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: CyNews and Acylum