KXNO Morning show

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
What do you have on tap?

Monday morning we will be bringing you something a little different in Thee Morning Blitz with myself, Josh Loeffelholz (Iowa Prep Fanatic, the KXNO Prep Report, and Football Friday Nights) and Thee Chad Smith, also from Football Friday Nights. We will be having Hawkeye TE Coach and Recruiting Coordinator Eric Johnson, Baseball Prospectus Editor-In-Chief John Perrotto, and at least one more you all should appreciate... Not "asking for votes" like MP said, just hope ya'll tune in and enjoy!

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Monday morning we will be bringing you something a little different in Thee Morning Blitz with myself, Josh Loeffelholz (Iowa Prep Fanatic, the KXNO Prep Report, and Football Friday Nights) and Thee Chad Smith, also from Football Friday Nights. We will be having Hawkeye TE Coach and Recruiting Coordinator Eric Johnson, Baseball Prospectus Editor-In-Chief John Perrotto, and at least one more you all should appreciate... Not "asking for votes" like MP said, just hope ya'll tune in and enjoy!

Where did he call you on that? Must be feeling that seat warm up...once you get used to it you start to recognize it much earlier. :wink:

twa5786

Feb 21, 2007
USA
JQ will do a good job tomorrow morning. He'll be mixing up the talk a little bit from what they've probably had on all week.

He's having an Iowa HS football guru as a guest, as well as Drake MBB coach Mark Phelps. Should give us a little reprieve from the hawk talk.

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
JQ will do a good job tomorrow morning. He'll be mixing up the talk a little bit from what they've probably had on all week.

He's having an Iowa HS football guru as a guest, as well as Drake MBB coach Mark Phelps. Should give us a little reprieve from the hawk talk.

JQ doing a nice job this morning - have to say the callers have been SOLID all morning long. Nice to hear Joe and Ross running most of the program and giving Ric a little break.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
Joe Quinn did a good job this morning. For the first time this week the auditoner actually carried the show. Finally there is at least one viable option.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
today was ok, but both Joe and Ross had a complete blaring lack of knowlege with the Twins in their baseball roundup.

Also, they both admitted they are die hard Hawks. If Kxno goes with these two, they'll lose a lot of Cyclone listeners who get sick of Hawk talk in the morning.

ISUcy08

Dec 22, 2008
today was ok, but both Joe and Ross had a complete blaring lack of knowlege with the Twins in their baseball roundup.

Also, they both admitted they are die hard Hawks. If Kxno goes with these two, they'll lose a lot of Cyclone listeners who get sick of Hawk talk in the morning.

Yes they will. Jon is a Hawk Homer, but he didn't shove it down our throats all the time. Losing Miller and Deace has REALLY sucked. I actually wouldn't mind having the Cot Man back. He can at least carry a half way decent show, and he is OBJECTIVE. I'm worried the new people won't be. I've already accepted the fact that whoever is hired is going to be a Hawk fan and will talk about them most of the time.

Last edited:

cjb1978

Apr 9, 2010
Des Moines, IA

Finally someone listens to my idea of having a great winning combo. Look forward to the show and hearing what your guys' takes are at the local, regional,and nation sports scene this next Monday.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yes they will. Jon is a Hawk Homer, but he didn't shove it down our throats all the time. Losing Miller and Deace has REALLY sucked. I actually wouldn't mind having the Cot Man back. He can at least carry a half way decent show, and he is OBJECTIVE. I'm worried the new people won't be. I've already accepted the fact that whoever is hired is going to be a Hawk fan and will talk about them most of the time.

Agreed. Jon would spend a whole day just on cyclone football in the fall. He tried to be about 50/50 but of course the Hawkeye bias made it 60/40....but still I listened to him everyday.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Why the hell are we talking to Keno Davis, the friday morning before a bunch of big college football games?!?!?!?!?!?!

IAPrepGuy

Apr 30, 2010
Waukee
didn't get a chance to listen to Al's show...how was it - worth the listen on podcast?

One week down - who's the leader in the clubhouse?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron