Jerry Palm

tee1up

Dec 29, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
For all that have said what an idiot this guy is...you are correct. I'm watching CBS Sports network, and they show our highlights. The entire panel is praising us, saying they wouldn't want to play us, etc. They jp chimes in with how we were his last team in. Whatever.

Then they come back later to talk about upsets and how they can take a spot away from a bubble team. They say if Southern Miss were to beat Memphis someone loses their ticket. And Palm jumps back in and says "yes, a team like Iowa State could get knocked out".

I think he got turned down a long time ago by an ISU coed and holds it against us.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
He's an idiot.

I love how when we were 19-10 and 9-7 and everyone is saying we just need 1 more win....we've gotten 3 more including 2 over tourney teams and now media says we aren't a lock.

ISU is a LOCK.

Spam

May 21, 2008
If Fred put this on the locker room door in order to fire the team, the team would say............ "Who the *** is Jerry Palm?"

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
He's an idiot. Don't let him bother you with his stupidity.

Let him confess his love for the Big10.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
For all that have said what an idiot this guy is...you are correct. I'm watching CBS Sports network, and they show our highlights. The entire panel is praising us, saying they wouldn't want to play us, etc. They jp chimes in with how we were his last team in. Whatever.

Then they come back later to talk about upsets and how they can take a spot away from a bubble team. They say if Southern Miss were to beat Memphis someone loses their ticket. And Palm jumps back in and says "yes, a team like Iowa State could get knocked out".

I think he got turned down a long time ago by an ISU coed and holds it against us.

Complete moron, and I'll sleep comfortably knowing how consistently wrong he is.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
He had to change his name from "Harry" because he got teased so much in college...

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
It's any wonder CBS keeps this guy around, honestly. To make a comment that an upset could still push ISU out of the Big Dance is just amazingly stupid.

I've always thought he was too biased in his analysis, but he usually had some logic that seemed coherent enough that he didn't look like a complete novice. But these comments reveal how truly bad at his job, Palm really is.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'll give Jerry credit... It takes a huge amount of inner strength and resolve to stick to your guns when everybody else that has at least 1 functioning brain cell knows that you are dead wrong. Jerry... I salute you! Where lessor men would have admitted they were wrong to save face and credibility you continue to stand your ground knowing you are wrong. Congrats Jerry!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Big Ten homer and we're the one Big 12 team who has been consistent bubble lately, problem for him is both years we took the bubble and MADE IT OUR B!+CH!!!! ...so he looks really dumb having a 7-10 seed as his last team in every year.

I'm sure he doesn't care about ISU specifically, just doesn't like the Big 12 claiming any sort of equal footing with other major conferences.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron