Jeff Jones

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

gophers33

Jan 27, 2014
I suppose there is an outside chance of Tennessee...but I'm sure he's not going to be a 'Clone.
he hasn't visited knoxville once. he will not be a vol. you have a way better chance then they do, even though you probably dont have a chance

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
he hasn't visited knoxville once. he will not be a vol. you have a way better chance then they do, even though you probably dont have a chance
We don't have ANY chance, because we aren't recruiting him any longer.

And just because he hasn't visited--YET--doesn't mean that he can't commit to UT. But I'm still sure he's going to be a gopher.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Trey said Jones stopped returning our coaches calls a while back so it's done. Jones won't be going to ISU so let the thread die.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Did you guys know you can get leprosy from armadillos? True story! So...don't pet one if you see it...not that you could catch it anyways.

gophers33

Jan 27, 2014
Trey said Jones stopped returning our coaches calls a while back so it's done. Jones won't be going to ISU so let the thread die.
lets keep it going! i love reading about current commits or targets on other teams forum's. Its a lot better then reading about the guy on you're own forum. When he canceled the UF and Michigan visits they stopped talking about him on their forums and now this is the only forum i can find of Jeff. i suppose I can try a Vols forum but still. Keep the speculation going!

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
lets keep it going! i love reading about current commits or targets on other teams forum's. Its a lot better then reading about the guy on you're own forum. When he canceled the UF and Michigan visits they stopped talking about him on their forums and now this is the only forum i can find of Jeff. i suppose I can try a Vols forum but still. Keep the speculation going!
What is your angle here? I don't think a ton of people are al that concerned about Jones. Would be solid get but running back is t a position that ISU is too concerned about after signing Warren and Syrie.

FanatiClone

Sep 26, 2012
wherever i go, there i am

Like State43 mentioned, I don't think many ISU folks are too concerned about whether or not the Cyclones land Jones. I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that at the college level, Warren will be = to, or > than JJ. I really don't think that's much of a stretch either.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Gopher Hole: Do you think that you know and then later you don't know?

Jeff Jones: That is exactly what it is. You think you have got it for a second until you look online and you see a different school and "Well maybe I will have to reconsider." It is kind of back and forth, but I feel that on that last day, I will be able to make my final decision.

I thought this Q&A was a bit odd. What does he do, go on message boards and see what fans are saying?

I gotta believe he is just drumming up drama when he says its down to three schools. Apparently wants the attention on signing day.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

You see, the key to trolling is to find a subject the fans will get fired up about. I think you missed on this one. Time to move on.

mt85

Mar 24, 2006

It is obvious you are excited about landing Jeff Jones, but that excitement may end if he doesn't get qualified. I'm guessing the reason Florida and Michigan backed off has far more to do with the risk of qualifying then any other factor.

I'm sure the U will find another Jan Gangelhoff to insure that everything works out, but isn't it going to seem odd when a 50 something white haired lady shows up to take the ACT under the name of Jeff Jones?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
BTW, it's been reported, hasn't it, that RB Michael Warren is qualified? And, did he cancel his scheduled visit to Wake Forest this weekend?

I'm curious, so I ask, where does Yahoo rank Jeff Jones nationally on its list of running backs? MW is ranked 35th, I see. I'm not seeking material to knock JJ, I wish any high school kid the best. I hope he has a top-notch career . . . in the Big Ten. I'm thrilled to have MW. I haven't watched JJ's video highlights so don't know much about him.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
1b2636c898dccff278768b47e31c69076477a29185d60e9281e6e14c23197d60.jpg

gophers33

Jan 27, 2014
BTW, it's been reported, hasn't it, that RB Michael Warren is qualified? And, did he cancel his scheduled visit to Wake Forest this weekend?

I'm curious, so I ask, where does Yahoo rank Jeff Jones nationally on its list of running backs? MW is ranked 35th, I see. I'm not seeking material to knock JJ, I wish any high school kid the best. I hope he has a top-notch career . . . in the Big Ten. I'm thrilled to have MW. I haven't watched JJ's video highlights so don't know much about him.
#7 RB on rivals, #5 RB on 247

gophers33

Jan 27, 2014
It is obvious you are excited about landing Jeff Jones, but that excitement may end if he doesn't get qualified. I'm guessing the reason Florida and Michigan backed off has far more to do with the risk of qualifying then any other factor.

I'm sure the U will find another Jan Gangelhoff to insure that everything works out, but isn't it going to seem odd when a 50 something white haired lady shows up to take the ACT under the name of Jeff Jones?
He only needs to score one point higher on his ACT then on his previous attempt to qualify, and he has 3 chances to take the test and he will use all 3 of them if he needs it, so the chances of him qualifying are very ver high

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ

Don't you guys have to melt down over Rashad Vaughn cutting you guys? and how we're "dirty recruiting" him? I miss that thread.

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO

Remember when we beat you guys in the Insight bowl?