Iowa's football schedule

jamiefball

Oct 11, 2021
It’s almost like people are just making it up as they go…imaginary wins, championships, first round nfl players. Whatever feels good I guess.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Iowa played Minnesota, Purdue and Penn State at home
I know they did. I was using an example of playing teams on the road, since that is where ISU lost FOUR games, and they would have had to play 4 or 5 road conference games. I think ISU would beat most teams on Iowa's schedule @ JTS and lose games on the road - like they did in the Big Xii this year. Ironically, ISU's only home loss this year was to a B1G West team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I know they did. I was using an example of playing teams on the road, since that is where ISU lost FOUR games, and they would have had to play 4 or 5 road conference games. I think ISU would beat most teams on Iowa's schedule @ JTS and lose games on the road - like they did in the Big Xii this year. Ironically, ISU's only home loss this year was to a B1G West team.
We're talking about Iowa State playing Iowa's cupcake schedule this year and you're making up non existent games on their schedule? Lol cmon

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I thought this was a special season for ISU? That is all I heard about this off season. It is not Iowa's fault Iowa State sucked this year. Plus, Iowa did not lose to teams like Texas Tech and West Virginia. Purdue at least won 8 games. Also, how in the hell do Cyclone fans remember Iowa's 2015 schedule. I can't remember your schedule last year.
Well that's pretty sad considering it's the same exact difficult schedule every year and that is kind of the central point of OP's argument, but I believe you.

Reactions: CyTwins

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Can't handle facts?

Personally I really don't care what they're posting. It's just funny to watch someone post to nobody for multiple posts on another team's boards.

While we're there though:
If one team has the #2 ranked defense, and the other is #3, are they both considered good defenses?

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
My point was the fact that we aren’t ranked and are on their schedule. Schedule smack when your own team is part of the weak schedule is hilariously bad smack talk.

Except they also played 4 teams that lost 9 or more games. One of them they are still liking to call a "ranked team" they beat. The big is ridiculously over rated.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
We're talking about Iowa State playing Iowa's cupcake schedule this year and you're making up non existent games on their schedule? Lol cmon
Fair enough. I didn't make up non-existant games, as I used the teams that Iowa played. However, using the exact home and home schedule sequencing...Iowa played @ Wisconsin, @ Nebraska, @ Maryland, @ Northwestern this year in their B1G schedule. I think ISU could have lost @ Maryland and @ Wisconsin this year like they did @ WVU and @ TT. I also think Purdue could have beaten ISU @ JTS like they won @ Iowa. So, that's 3 losses + a random loss + CyHawk loss OOC. I don't think losing 4-5 games is a stretch with Iowa's exact schedule from this year based on the way ISU played.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Fair enough. I didn't make up non-existant games, as I used the teams that Iowa played. However, using the exact home and home schedule...Iowa played @ Wisconsin, @ Nebraska, @ Maryland, @ Northwestern this year in their B1G schedule. I think ISU could have lost @ Maryland and @ Wisconsin this year like they did @ WVU and @ TT. I also think Purdue could have beaten ISU @ JTS like Iowa did. So, that's 3 losses + a random loss + CyHawk loss OOC. I don't think losing 4-5 games is a stretch with Iowa's exact schedule from this year based on the way ISU played.
Iowa State would not lose to Purdue at home. Lol cmon man Purdy lost one home conference game in his career

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Let's not forget this

The AP poll came out and Iowa ended the Regular Season without playing one ranked team. Not went without beating a ranked team - they actually didn't even play a ranked team.

Never been done before at the P5 level

mikeiastat

Feb 1, 2007
Madison, WI
I thought this was a special season for ISU? That is all I heard about this off season. It is not Iowa's fault Iowa State sucked this year. Plus, Iowa did not lose to teams like Texas Tech and West Virginia. Purdue at least won 8 games. Also, how in the hell do Cyclone fans remember Iowa's 2015 schedule. I can't remember your schedule last year.

Because our schedule is never historically pathetic. Fake ID once again didn't play a single team that is ranked in the top 25.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
There are 10 other players on the field other than the QB and the Badgers are typically very strong there. There’s not much comparison when it comes to OL/DL/LB play when it comes to the Big 10 West vs the majority of the Big 12, hence the discrepancies that show up every April on draft day.

Imagine being so insecure that you joined for the first time today, because you’re embarrassed for your schedule was so bad.

So do you trust your nfl draft knowledge more than the experts?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron