Iowa's football schedule

dodgerdan

Oct 24, 2015
Yeah it's not hard to admit. You can't control it but obviously as rivals we're going to be jealous of it and mock it at the same time. You'd all do the same if we didn't have to play anyone

Agree with this as well.

I guess my whole point is that we do not know what Iowa's record would be if they played Ohio St, Michigan, and Michigan St instead of Indiana, Maryland, and Penn St. They would get 2 of these 3 games at home. I think they could beat any of the 3 at home. I know I will get made fun of about thinking they could beat Ohio St. at home, but in 2017 they were a top 5 team and Iowa beat them at home 55-24. Kinnick is a very tough place to win at (Purdue would argue otherwise lol but that coach has their number) A lot will be more clear after Saturday. If Iowa gets blown out, I'll admit I was wrong. I'm an adult lol.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Agree with this as well.

I guess my whole point is that we do not know what Iowa's record would be if they played Ohio St, Michigan, and Michigan St instead of Indiana, Maryland, and Penn St. They would get 2 of these 3 games at home. I think they could beat any of the 3 at home. I know I will get made fun of about thinking they could beat Ohio St. at home, but in 2017 they were a top 5 team and Iowa beat them at home 55-24. Kinnick is a very tough place to win at (Purdue would argue otherwise lol but that coach has their number) A lot will be more clear after Saturday. If Iowa gets blown out, I'll admit I was wrong. I'm an adult lol.
Ohio state and Michigan are 40 pointing this team at any venue. Likely MSU too. Silly silly **** right here. Penn state and Nebraska gave Iowa all they could handle.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I didn't say ISU couldn't beat any of those teams. They could. The problem is that ISU was favored in 11/12 games this year, but they fnished 7-5. That would probably translate to 7-5ish in the B1G West too - especially since one of the losses was to IOWA, and there are at least 4 other teams as good or better than TT and WVU (which both beat ISU) on Iowa's schedule. I'm just saying that ISU wouldn't have automatically been 12-0, 11-1 or 10-2 vs. that schedule when the team struggled enough to love 5 games (4 of them as a favorite) this year. ISU lost 5 games for a reason, and it wasn't because the schedule was "too tough".
I never said the schedule was too tough but if you look at the worst you need to look at the best, that's it.
I mean, how many Iowa fans have said well Nebraska is better than their record because they've been so close against their opponents. If I said that about TT, Baylor, WV, OU, would they laugh? Of course.

Reactions: frackincygy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I didn't say ISU couldn't beat any of those teams. They could. The problem is that ISU was favored in 11/12 games this year, but they fnished 7-5. That would probably translate to 7-5ish in the B1G West too - especially since one of the losses was to IOWA, and there are at least 4 other teams as good or better than TT and WVU (which both beat ISU) on Iowa's schedule. I'm just saying that ISU wouldn't have automatically been 12-0, 11-1 or 10-2 vs. that schedule when the team struggled enough to love 5 games (4 of them as a favorite) this year. ISU lost 5 games for a reason, and it wasn't because the schedule was "too tough".

Yeah ISU's losses were an ISU problem for the most part.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Big 12 is not a good conference.

You only have to look at the best who leave, and then suck when they play a full schedule of real teams.

Oooooh.

You're a Nebraska fan.

Got it.

Well this will never work out.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

you really want to equate West Virginia and northwestern?

i get it. We were literally a half a dozen plays from playing next Saturday. We didn’t make them, and that’s why we lost.

But who on Iowa’s conference schedule would put enough pressure on any defense have to make those plays? I can see Purdue, but what other offenses in that conference would be able to?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron