Iowa's football schedule

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I never said the schedule was too tough but if you look at the worst you need to look at the best, that's it.
I mean, how many Iowa fans have said well Nebraska is better than their record because they've been so close against their opponents. If I said that about TT, Baylor, WV, OU, would they laugh? Of course.
So, looking at the best, ISU lost to @ Baylor and @ OU too. The Cyclones still have 2 underwhelming losses (@ WVU and @ TT) + the loss to Iowa. I just think that if ISU fans want to pretend that playing a B1G West schedule is so easy, perhaps, ISU should at least beat Iowa first.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
you really want to equate West Virginia and northwestern?

i get it. We were literally a half a dozen plays from playing next Saturday. We didn’t make them, and that’s why we lost.

But who on Iowa’s conference schedule would put enough pressure on any defense have to make those plays? I can see Purdue, but what other offenses in that conference would be able to?
I didn't mention Nothwestern. I mentioned Wisconsin, Minnesota, Purdue and Penn State. Yes, I think all four of those teams + Iowa are as good or better than West Virginia.

Reactions: Kirby75

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So, looking at the best, ISU lost to @ Baylor and @ OU too. The Cyclones still have 2 underwhelming losses (@ WVU and @ TT) + the loss to Iowa. I just think that if ISU fans want to pretend that playing a B1G West schedule is so easy, perhaps, ISU should at least beat Iowa first.
I'm not pretending. I've probably been the most spot on of any poster (ISU and IA fans) about Iowa all year on here. My posts reflect that.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa fans should be happy but between a NY6 bowl win, an outright Regular Season Conference Championship and now Campbell turning down USC to stay in Ames they've remained broken for 12 months and counting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't mention Nothwestern. I mentioned Wisconsin, Minnesota, Purdue and Penn State. Yes, I think all four of those teams + Iowa are as good or better than West Virginia.
None of those teams are even half as good as Oklahoma State and we beat them

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021

Again, who of those teams, other than Purdue, are going to make plays against a competent defense?

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
You would think ISU of all teams, would have finally learned winning games against any P5 schedule is difficult.

Their best team ever just lost 5. Including its 7th straight to a team they consider middling in a weak division.
Will any of their seniors even play? I mean they are all jeopardizing 1st round money.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
None of those teams are even half as good as Oklahoma State and we beat them
Yes, they did. ISU could have *beaten* ANY team on Iowa's schedule. I never said they couldn't. What I am saying is that they could have lost to plenty of teams on Iowa's schedule too. A team that is favored in 11/12 games and losses 5 games has some problems and switching from a Big Xii schedule to a B1G West schedule would not have improved that. As it is, the one B1G West team ISU played punked the Cyclones @ JTS. Man, I detest Iowa! I just don't think ISU would roll through Iowa's schedule with ease.

Last edited:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Again, who of those teams, other than Purdue, are going to make plays against a competent defense?
Well, they all have better offenses than Iowa, and the Cyclones struggled mightily in that game. I think Wisconsin and Minnesota would have been down right dog fights, and Penn State with a healthy Clifford is definitely dangerous. Just saying, it's not as easy as people make it out to be. If ISU can have a bad day @ WVU or @ TT, they definitely could have a bad day @ Wisconsin, @ Minnesota, @ Purdue or @ Penn State.

Last edited:

bobprobert24

Nov 28, 2021
Yeah but Wisconsin played great offenses with excellent quarterback play in the west.

they played one good team, and got embarrassed

There are 10 other players on the field other than the QB and the Badgers are typically very strong there. There’s not much comparison when it comes to OL/DL/LB play when it comes to the Big 10 West vs the majority of the Big 12, hence the discrepancies that show up every April on draft day.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron