IOWA vs IOWA STATE

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Every been to Carver? When the bandwagon express is going full-throttle like this season, you'll find the most ill-informed, dumbest mbb fans in the country. They simply have no clue what is going on, the rules, the foul-calling

Iowa gets 49-50 free throws/game and they still ***** like idiots

Actually yes, the game I was talking about was in Carver.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I have spoken with many friends over the years who are Iowa fans. Most would like to see Carver implode.

They have some credibility, since they have actually been in an U of Iowa classroom and graduated, and financially support Iowa

ChiefNation22

Mar 15, 2013
Was Carver Hawkeye built to cater more towards wrestling meets, maybe? It's so pit-like and I hate how dark it is or at least appears to be on tv. Just a terrible basketball atmosphere.
It was. But for real, there are few arenas in the nation with the atmosphere that Hilton has. It's great.

ChiefNation22

Mar 15, 2013
I have spoken with many friends over the years who are Iowa fans. Most would like to see Carver implode.

They have some credibility, since they have actually been in an U of Iowa classroom and graduated, and financially support Iowa
So you're saying you can't be a fan unless you go to school there?

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
I really don't love Carver Hawkeye as a basketball arena, but it works well for the multipurpose use they wanted when they built it. The design is silly and I'd love a new arena, but that's not happening for a long time. The environment has been bad in the past, but since Fran has come in it has improved. For the big games the past three years It's been pretty darn loud at times but not where anyone would like it to be over the course of the game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It was. But for real, there are few arenas in the nation with the atmosphere that Hilton has. It's great.

I was just thinking that comparing an arena to Hilton isn't fair since it is often mentioned as one of the best atmospheres in CBB. Just because an arena atmosphere isn't top 20 doesn't mean it is bad.

I'll qualify this by saying I've never been in CHA during a BB game.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012
Can we get this thread back on track so we can continue to talk about how much better we are than Iowa this year in basketball?

We're so good that Iowa fans have to cheat to even be in the same arena as ours...

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
They're pretty much all nice people. Why would you call them pathetic?

They don't consistently show up to support their team, some fans prefer to knit in the arena rather then watch the games, they don't make any noise, etc... If the fans wanted to I am sure they could make it a better atmosphere in Carver but maybe the hangover from the Alfraud and Lick era's hasn't worn off yet? I don't know... maybe it is simply that the fans don't care. It's hard to explain.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
They don't consistently show up to support their team, some fans prefer to knit in the arena rather then watch the games, they don't make any noise, etc... If the fans wanted to I am sure they could make it a better atmosphere in Carver but maybe the hangover from the Alfraud and Lick era's hasn't worn off yet? I don't know... maybe it is simply that the fans don't care. It's hard to explain.
So the attendance didnt dip at all during the Wayne Morgan/Greg Mcdermott years?

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I dont understand how its a ****** move to ask my friends to get me a ticket to a game.

You aren't a student at ISU but you are using a student ticket and student ID to sit in a seat that an actual student who paid actual money won't be able to use and you don't understand why that is a ****** move?

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I paid an actual student that actual money way over face value so no.

As a student, as long as you're not a ****** in the student section, I couldn't care less and I'm sure many others won't either. Especially since you paid for the ticket.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
As a student, as long as you're not a ****** in the student section, I couldn't care less and I'm sure many others won't either. Especially since you paid for the ticket.
Don't worry I wont be. I would never put my friends in that situation in their own student section. I would feel the same way at Iowa. If you paid and someone else isn't there, welcome aboard and don't be an ***.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
You aren't a student at ISU but you are using a student ticket and student ID to sit in a seat that an actual student who paid actual money won't be able to use and you don't understand why that is a ****** move?

Well if you said that before, I didn't see it. Carry on.

Help Support Us

Become a patron