IOWA vs IOWA STATE

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
McCabe has been on a tear lately...might actually be their best shooter right now.

I went to the ISU- Iowa game in 2009 or 2010, which ever year it was Scotty lit them up with 3s. I swear to god I was sitting next to McCabe's dad or someone else in his family. Every times he grabbed a rebound or scored he screamed and cheered very loud and whenever he was called for a foul or let his guy score he was doing a perfect Fran impression by screaming as loud as he could and cussing out everyone involved. He by far was then most annoying fan I have ever sat near at a sporting event.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I don't feel entitled to anything. My friends don't have a problem with it so that's what i'm going on. I'm not trying to slight the one person who can't make the game, I'm trying to enjoy a basketball game.
Enjoy seeing your gingers lose? Please don't soil our fine facility.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I swear to god I was sitting next to McCabe's dad or someone else in his family. Every times he grabbed a rebound or scored he screamed and cheered very loud and whenever he was called for a foul or let his guy score he was doing a perfect Fran impression by screaming as loud as he could and cussing out everyone involved. He by far was then most annoying fan I have ever sat near at a sporting event.

Every been to Carver? When the bandwagon express is going full-throttle like this season, you'll find the most ill-informed, dumbest mbb fans in the country. They simply have no clue what is going on, the rules, the foul-calling

Iowa gets 49-50 free throws/game and they still ***** like idiots

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Has anyone touched on how ugly carver hawkeye arena is? And that dumb mediacom logo just makes me want to throw up every time I look at it. That whole place is just a crap hole. Anyway, just wanted to contribute.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I went to the ISU- Iowa game in 2009 or 2010, which ever year it was Scotty lit them up with 3s. I swear to god I was sitting next to McCabe's dad or someone else in his family. Every times he grabbed a rebound or scored he screamed and cheered very loud and whenever he was called for a foul or let his guy score he was doing a perfect Fran impression by screaming as loud as he could and cussing out everyone involved. He by far was then most annoying fan I have ever sat near at a sporting event.

I'm guessing you heard a lot more screaming from him than cheering

ChiefNation22

Mar 15, 2013
Every been to Carver? When the bandwagon express is going full-throttle like this season, you'll find the most ill-informed, dumbest mbb fans in the country. They simply have no clue what is going on, the rules, the foul-calling

Try 31.6 buddy.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM

How does one man hate so much?

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Is everyone from the Sioux City area an ***-Hat?

McCabe's dad
Woodbury's tavernHawk dad
Gesell's a-hole high school coach

LMAO

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Has anyone touched on how ugly carver hawkeye arena is? And that dumb mediacom logo just makes me want to throw up every time I look at it. That whole place is just a crap hole. Anyway, just wanted to contribute.

As far as atmospheres go... Carver doesn't have one. It doesn't have a national reputation, you never hear it mentioned as being a tough place to play, etc... It is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Hilton. Hilton has a national reputation, it frequently gets mentioned as one of the toughest places to play in the country, the ISU fans are constantly being complimented for packing the place and creating a great atmosphere, etc...

Carver isn't necessarily a dump of a facility but EIU basketball fans are simply pathetic and that hurts it's reputation.

ChiefNation22

Mar 15, 2013
As far as atmospheres go... Carver doesn't have one. It doesn't have a national reputation, you never hear it mentioned as being a tough place to play, etc... It is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Hilton. Hilton has a national reputation, it frequently gets mentioned as one of the toughest places to play in the country, the ISU fans are constantly being complimented for packing the place and creating a great atmosphere, etc...

Carver isn't necessarily a dump of a facility but EIU basketball fans are simply pathetic and that hurts it's reputation.
They're pretty much all nice people. Why would you call them pathetic?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Was Carver Hawkeye built to cater more towards wrestling meets, maybe? It's so pit-like and I hate how dark it is or at least appears to be on tv. Just a terrible basketball atmosphere.