IOWA vs IOWA STATE

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you looking at this site?

NCAA College Basketball Strength of Schedule - CBSSports.com SOS

That is their Strength of Schedule site. Now their RPI site has ISU at 17 and Iowa a 24:

NCAA College Basketball RPI Nitty Gritty Report - CBSSports.com

NCAA College Basketball Rankings - CBSSports.com

If you click on Iowa's name on the SOS site you sent me and go to their page it has their SOS at 107. Don't know which one is right or wrong

Edit: The 107 one is correct for RPI purposes. ESPN has the same number

Knight78

Dec 11, 2013
Hard to rebound when 9 people on the court are going one direction and you are going the other. He does have a good view of the game though.

It's also hard to rebound when you are in foul trouble (like he was in many of the early games) or when the other team goes short, like Villanova did, and you're not on the court. Look at it this way: Ejim did a real good job in the game against Iowa last year, right? (He played a total of 13 minutes and fouled out) Due to a lot of factors like these, Woodbury is only on the floor an average of 15 minutes per game. Not much time to amass much of any statistic. (Being a center myself, I'm partial to big guys)

Knight78

Dec 11, 2013
The pros are giving ISU around a 9 point advantage. If you are trying to predict the future, it is always wise to examine the past. Historically, virtually no competitor comes into Hilton and leaves with a victory!!! That is the bottom line. No question, this will be a major test for both programs. The winner will move up in the rankings. The loser may fall out and the first 15 minutes may tell the tale in this one. Remember, you can’t score if you don’t have the ball. If Melvin, Dustin and DeAndre deliver another warrior like rebounding effort, it is advantage ISU. We can’t forget that this Cyclone team has a lot of weapons and the team will be likely to play the way they have practiced. You better believe this powerful playmaking band of brothers are tough as nails!!! Dustin, DeAndre, Georges, Melvin, Matt, Monte and Naz will come in as a fully focused TEAM with a shared will to win! Add in Sherron Dorsey-Walker and Daniel Edozie and we should be able to move some mountains. Hilton Magic will be shaking the floor and the University of Iowa with Hilton winning the six man award for the night! Go Cyclones!

Actually, on the sites I see (Tout House, SB Forum) are picking Iowa State by 3.5. Should be a good game.

Amesboy

Feb 25, 2012
For seeding and Bracketology going into the NCAA tournament which for the Cyclones their SOS looks great but if Iowa gets in they will look at their SOS and see their weak early schedule and this will put them in lower seed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron