IOWA vs IOWA STATE

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I won't be cutting. I'm arriving on Thursday in line.

No but he would be if he had someone save him a spot in line. If you want to sit in the student section at Iowa State University, why don't you become a student at Iowa State, as opposed to cheating the system so Iowa State students will be turned away from the game?

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
No but he would be if he had someone save him a spot in line. If you want to sit in the student section at Iowa State University, why don't you become a student at Iowa State, as opposed to cheating the system so Iowa State students will be turned away from the game?
I will give him that you have plenty of idiots who buy the tickets but don't go to the game. At the Michigan game there were still a few seats left.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I will give him that you have plenty of idiots who buy the tickets but don't go to the game. At the Michigan game there were still a few seats left.

Plenty were turned away at Kansas game. Worst thing is idiots who only go to Iowa and Kansas games and then only to get in front row on TV.

RoseBowlBound

Sep 13, 2011
Iowa City via WDM
So you feel entitled to something that isn't yours, because... you really want it? Strong argument you have there.
I don't feel entitled to anything. My friends don't have a problem with it so that's what i'm going on. I'm not trying to slight the one person who can't make the game, I'm trying to enjoy a basketball game.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Let 'em in; Fire Marshal be damned!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I don't feel entitled to anything. My friends don't have a problem with it so that's what i'm going on. I'm not trying to slight the one person who can't make the game, I'm trying to enjoy a basketball game.

Hey... I am not going to hassle you about taking advantage of a student ticketing and seating process that was so poorly designed that it can be abused very easily. That is on the athletic department at ISU. I am just glad that ISU basketball has improved to the point that kids have to line up 4 hours ahead of tip-off or camp out overnight just to get a seat and the only tickets someone can buy on the open market for less then $100 or more is a student ticket. Now that ISU is in this position it is time for them to look at the system in place for student tickets and seating and how they can fix that but for you... you get to take advantage of the "broken" system while you still can.

It is what it is.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Hey... I am not going to hassle you about taking advantage of a student ticketing and seating process that was so poorly designed that it can be abused very easily. That is on the athletic department at ISU. I am just glad that ISU basketball has improved to the point that kids have to line up 4 hours ahead of tip-off or camp out overnight just to get a seat and the only tickets someone can buy on the open market for less then $100 or more is a student ticket. Now that ISU is in this position it is time for them to look at the system in place for student tickets and seating and how they can fix that but for you... you get to take advantage of the "broken" system while you still can.

It is what it is.

As big of a ******-hawk move as it is.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I snuck into ISU football games for free when I was a student. I don't feel bad.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can we get this thread back on track so we can continue to talk about how much better we are than Iowa this year in basketball?

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Can we get this thread back on track so we can continue to talk about how much better we are than Iowa this year in basketball?

That is an excellent idea. I'll take ISU by 15+ in a game where Iowa never really threatens. The Hilton crowd is going to suffocate the hoks. Hyphen Marble will pull a Houdini and disappear, Tall ginger will end the game with a 2nd black eye, Short ginger will need an umbrella as Thomas rains 3's on him all night, and the rodent love child ginger will find out that Iowa fans aren't too forgiving when you get shutout on the score sheet courtesy of Hogue.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009

If I had a friend in your position, I'd do the same. I'd want him there.

Because when it comes to friends, yeah, **** rules. I'm sure all us here have gotten our friends into the football student section (granted, all that did was push people back, not deny them entry).

But since I don't know you, and you're broadcasting this, it's annoying. Just especially because of high profile the game will be.

Oh well.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
If I had a friend in your position, I'd do the same. I'd want him there.

Because when it comes to friends, yeah, **** rules. I'm sure all us here have gotten our friends into the football student section (granted, all that did was push people back, not deny them entry).

But since I don't know you, and you're broadcasting this, it's annoying. Just especially because of high profile the game will be.

Oh well.

The most disturbing thing in all of this is the questionable friendship choices these ISU kids have made. Other then that...