If Mess is OC next year, will you buy football tickets?

If Mess is OC, will you buy football tickets next year?

• No. I am tired of this and will send a message.

Votes: 105 40.5%
  • Yes. I support Mess as OC.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yes. I will support the team regardless of OC.

Votes: 152 58.7%

• Total voters

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I'm not making plans to go to the last 2 games of the year and probably won't buy season tickets next year. I didn't go to Texas because it was a Thursday and only went to OSU because it was an 11 a.m. kickoff. I love tailgating, but driving a combined 3 hours is not worth it for the product on the field. Plus I can use that money elsewhere.

Maybe I'll buy single game tickets to 1-2 games instead.

cyinne

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2009
O-town, Iowa
We cannot afford an offense that drags the whole team down. We are now scoring fewer points per game since 2007.

Do you guys not remember the 2003 team? That was the definition of futile. That was also a year where the O Coordinator got the boot (Brickey) and the o line coach booted too (Fine). We seemed to have a pretty decent couple of teams the next few years.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It is a stretch but if I didn't live in Ames(which I do) or central Iowa I would seriously consider dumping my season tixs if nothing changes. And I frankly wouldn't blame people.
Because of who the OC is or because of the poor play on the field? The former isn't the sole cause of the latter.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Rhoads needs to give back some of his salary to throw some cash at Mangino as OC and Sage as his mentor. On the plus side, Rhoads may break KFs old record for $/win in a season.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
To hell with all of you who voted no. Fair weather fans.

I don't think 1-11 with the worst offense in the history of ISU football counts as "fair weather". If this weather is fair, I'm not sticking around for bad weather.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
I don't think 1-11 with the worst offense in the history of ISU football counts as "fair weather". If this weather is fair, I'm not sticking around for bad weather.

Bolting because we aren't winning is fair weather. And those who do it, suck. In my opinion.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Bolting because we aren't winning is fair weather. And those who do it, suck. In my opinion.

If I cared about your opinion on that, I'd give it to you.
If you're bothered that I'd spend the money on something more enjoyable than a toxic afternoon of listening to drunk people scream about a bad offense and a program headed nowhere, you go right ahead and be upset.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
If you're bothered that I'd spend the money on something more enjoyable than a toxic afternoon of listening to drunk people scream about a bad offense and a program headed nowhere, you go right ahead and be upset.

Being a Cyclone isn't something you choose. It is something you either are or aren't. Don't want to renew because of money? Fine. But because of losing? **** you.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Well cranky pants I would agree with you. I can spend my time taking my daughter to a pumpkin patch. But I will suffer through the last couple of games. Ava did enjoy the orchard though. My god she is a handful.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Being a Cyclone isn't something you choose. It is something you either are or aren't. Don't want to renew because of money? Fine. But because of losing? **** you.

actually..spending a load of dough for the same product year after year just makes one a fool.

I would rather be a "fair weather fan" and rooting while watching TV....instead of being a fool.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
I didn't get tickets this year.....first time in my life (wife had baby and figured I could redirect the $ into a different direction). I have enjoyed every minute going to the games for the last 34 years, but after watching this years team on tv, I don't feel like I'm missing much. Something's are going to need to change before spending thousands to watch this.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
actually..spending a load of dough for the same product year after year just makes one a fool.

I would rather be a "fair weather fan" and rooting while watching TV....instead of being a fool.

Want to make sure I am reading this right... So I am a fool for supporting my alma mater when things are down? Instead I should only back them when they are winning?

dangerfield.jpg

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

so, let's say you have a son. he decides he needs $1000 to have his leg removed and sewn to his ***. you have the money, and you love your son, so, by your logic, you should give him the money.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
If the team isn't worth spending big bucks to go watch, I won't do it. I can save the money for something I actually get enjoyment out of. I don't see what is wrong with this.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Want to make sure I am reading this right... So I am a fool for supporting my alma mater when things are down? Instead I should only back them when they are winning?

View attachment 22846

What you do with your $ is up to you....

If I spend my money next year after 13 years of relentless let downs....shame on me.

The athletic department can go "all in" for once and earn some of us back (which I hope they do).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron