If Mess is OC next year, will you buy football tickets?

If Mess is OC, will you buy football tickets next year?

• No. I am tired of this and will send a message.

Votes: 105 40.5%
  • Yes. I support Mess as OC.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Yes. I will support the team regardless of OC.

Votes: 152 58.7%

• Total voters

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I live six hours away but we would have to look hard at our finances.

It is all about ROI.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
So people on here rip players for dropping their heads when times are tough, not sticking together and fighting through. And yet, when times are tough, a lot of these same people are like, "I'm out"

Loyal sons forever true.

First of all, read what I wrote. Never said anything about not supporting the players, nor have I ever "ripped" a player. Ever. So shut it.

Second, I felt my poll was clear, but maybe it wasn't clear enough for you. My poll is about Courtney Messignham, Offensive Coordinator. I feel he is a completely inept OC and should have been fired weeks ago. I am frustrated by the lack of offensive production on this team, especially when we have one of the better receivers in ISU history, IMO, on the team. I do not feel the issue is lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball. I am frustrated enough about this that I will not purchase tickets again next year if he remains OC.

(Note to moderators: This is not a personal attack on the character or individual Courtney Messingham. I believe he is a nice person, and upstanding citizen, and an all around good human being. I am only critical of his performance as ISU Football Offensive Coordinator. I do not think he should be expelled from America, I think he should be demoted and reassigned to a previous position he had shown success with inside the football program.)

Third, you don't know me, you don't know where I am from, what my financial situation is, how long I have been a fan, how many blowouts I have sat through, or any of that. So shut it.

My poll asked for your opinion, you gave it. No worries. I have a different opinion. That does not make me a bad person or "not a fan".

Stop generating a straw man argument every time someone says something you disagree with. It makes you look like a moron.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
I can't vote from my phone but we will renew and drive from Okoboji x3 regardless of OC

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
I'm at the point where I almost enjoy games more from home. With the TV experience, I can see every play clearly and know exactly what's happening. Plus I can flip back and forth between multiple games. On top of that I can grill out and make food just the same as in the tailgating lots and I can get blackout drunk with no concerns of going anywhere.

Its just easier to not go watch this **** show. If that makes me a "bad fan," cool.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I'm not renewing anything. I'll spend money on basketball instead. Crap, if we are this bad next year and I really want to get to a game I will be able to get tickets for dirt cheap. I hate this crap, and I sat through the Chizik years too, didn't miss one game during his time here and even made 4-5 road trips with those teams. However, this year has put a worst taste in my mouth than any of those. Rhoads knows the weakness and yet cannot change anything. There are so many teams with different starting O-lineman and he uses the same exact excuse every week.

"I'm excited to start prepping for so and so team starting tomorrow, our guys are confident, blah blah blah blah." Screw you Rhoads, you should be making $50k this year not $2million. If Rhoads has another one of these years next year I will definitely be calling for his head.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I'm not renewing anything. I'll spend money on basketball instead. Crap, if we are this bad next year and I really want to get to a game I will be able to get tickets for dirt cheap. I hate this crap, and I sat through the Chizik years too, didn't miss one game during his time here and even made 4-5 road trips with those teams. However, this year has put a worst taste in my mouth than any of those. Rhoads knows the weakness and yet cannot change anything. There are so many teams with different starting O-lineman and he uses the same exact excuse every week.

"I'm excited to start prepping for so and so team starting tomorrow, our guys are confident, blah blah blah blah." Screw you Rhoads, you should be making $50k this year not $2million. If Rhoads has another one of these years next year I will definitely be calling for his head.

doomsday-preppers.jpg

ForeClones

Mar 12, 2012
Johnston, IA
I am excited about this thread. I hope all of you stick to it come renewal time. I am looking to add 3 more tix in the SEZ. Sounds like I should have no problem. Thanks in advance...

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
Rhoads needs to give back some of his salary to throw some cash at Mangino as OC and Sage as his mentor. On the plus side, Rhoads may break KFs old record for $/win in a season.

People are acting like he is the highest paid coach in the world. In comparison to my salary, yeah, he's making a fortune, and I would like a share of it! But I believe he is the second lowest paid coach in the Big 12. This is a couple of years old but look at the comparison of assistant coach salaries.

Big 12, Big Ten assistant football coaching salaries : Sports

Maybe JP should be spending more money on making the team competitive.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
People are acting like he is the highest paid coach in the world. In comparison to my salary, yeah, he's making a fortune, and I would like a share of it! But I believe he is the second lowest paid coach in the Big 12. This is a couple of years old but look at the comparison of assistant coach salaries.

Highest paid per win...

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I don't see myself going to a game again until the used car salesman is gone as Head Coach. Like Messingham is the only one in over his head!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Expect one win coaches in B12 to be paid the least. If they cannot do well in non conference, they probably do not go bowling.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I understand not renewing because you don't think it's fun to go to games or because it's not worth your money. I don't understand not renewing because you don't like who the OC is. I personally base my ticket purchases on who is the assistant strength coach, which is totally normal.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
if ticket sales stay the same, why make a coaching change at all? Why change if the $$$ still comes in?