hawk fb program headed to the bottom

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Why would a true Cyclone fan constantly be negative, UNLESS they want to dampen enthusiasm and discourage Cyclone fans and hope to lower attendance to football games.

That generally happens when hope is lost in a coach. The new south endzone and practice facility can definitely get a better coach than Paul at ISU. Is that positive enough for you?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
That generally happens when hope is lost in a coach. The new south endzone and practice facility can definitely get a better coach than Paul at ISU. Is that positive enough for you?

Talk about Kool-aid drinking. The next coach could just as well be a Gene Chizik, Jim Criner, Charlie Weis, or Turner Gill. Thinking that the next coach is automatically going to be an improvement is even more delusional. We really have no idea. The next coach could actually be worse.

At least your motivation for being negative is explained. You want CPR fired at all costs. Your mind is made up. And you want others to join your bandwagon to dump him. The decision has been made to have him coach the coming season. Let's get enthusiastic and turn out and support the team. Give us the enthusiasm to inspire the team to some home victories at Jack Trice.

Last edited:

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Talk about Kool-aid drinking. The next coach could just as well be a Gene Chizik, Jim Criner, Charlie Weis, or Turner Gill. Thinking that the next coach is automatically going to be an improvement is even more delusional. We really have no idea. The next coach could actually be worse.

Would you stay in an abusive relationship because your next significant other could be even more abusive? Bad logic.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
The same type of people used to trash Earle Bruce after our third straight 4-7 season. Remember that Earle inherited a football program that had been to 2 consecutive bowls in the 2 years before his getting the job at Iowa State

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
The same type of people used to trash Earle Bruce after our third straight 4-7 season. Remember that Earle inherited a football program that had been to 2 consecutive bowls in the 2 years before his getting the job at Iowa State

I would have loved to win 4 games last year. That means ISU wouldn't have had two absolutely embarrassing losses to Kansas and Texas Tech...

You sure don't have much faith in your boy Jamie being able to hire a good football coach to replace Paul. Quit being such a negative Nancy about our boy, Jamie. Don't you know how much he has done for us, Storms? Man...

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Thats essentially your logic with being scared to fire a coach because the next one is worse.

Not at all. IMO, CPR showed me some wins in his first years that gives me optimism that he can turn things around. We have improved and gotten players that we needed in spots where we needed improvement. We are better than the last 2 seasons. I have no doubt about that.

I do know that just firing a coach does not lead to great success automatically. That is just sheer stupidity. Because I have a long list of Iowa State coaches from the last 35 years that says otherwise.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I would have loved to win 4 games last year. That means ISU wouldn't have had two absolutely embarrassing losses to Kansas and Texas Tech...

You sure don't have much faith in your boy Jamie being able to hire a good football coach to replace Paul. Quit being such a negative Nancy about our boy, Jamie. Don't you know how much he has done for us, Storms? Man...

Actually, I am the one trusting Jamie's judgement. Jamie has decided that CPR is coaching this coming season. And you are the one disagreeing with that decision.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Not at all. IMO, CPR showed me some wins in his first years that gives me optimism that he can turn things around. We have improved and gotten players that we needed in spots where we needed improvement. We are better than the last 2 seasons. I have no doubt about that.

I do know that just firing a coach does not lead to great success automatically. That is just sheer stupidity. Because I have a long list of Iowa State coaches from the last 35 years that says otherwise.

But your boy Jamie has a vision for ISU, and can hire the next Bill Snyder, right??? Why can't you be more positive about Jamie's ability to make personnel decisions? :twitcy:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
But your boy Jamie has a vision for ISU, and can hire the next Bill Snyder, right??? Why can't you be more positive about Jamie's ability to make personnel decisions? :twitcy:

Like I said, Jamie has made the decision about CPR coaching this fall. You are the one not accepting Jamie's decision.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

At least your motivation for being negative is explained. You want CPR fired at all costs. Your mind is made up. And you want others to join your bandwagon to dump him. The decision has been made to have him coach the coming season. Let's get enthusiastic and turn out and support the team. Give us the enthusiasm to inspire the team to some home victories at Jack Trice.

You're in tinfoil conspiracy theory land now. This thread is getting special.

Havs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Like I said, Jamie has made the decision about CPR coaching this fall. You are the one not accepting Jamie's decision.

I think Jamie is capable of hiring a damn good coach at ISU (has proven it with Fred) but he makes too many personal relationships with his coaches. He is personally friends with Greg, with Paul, etc., and it makes it tough for him to make executive decisions. No one wants to fire their friend.

PerkyForHerky

Jun 30, 2010
attachment.php

Attachments

• popcorn-watching-neighbours-fighting-bundys-married-with-children.gif
    popcorn-watching-neighbours-fighting-bundys-married-with-children.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 137

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My son graduated from the University of Iowa. You can support the University of Iowa and not cheer for their athletic teams. But don't defend them if you are a Cyclone. If you cheer for them, you are a Hawkeye fan.

Is your sons name Benedict Arnold by chance?