hawk fb program headed to the bottom

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
My goodness their roster is full of below average players. They play in a terrible division with hardly any good games on the schedule.

Add that to ISU'S continued growth and another win this year over them in football and it's a clear sign of where their program is heading.

I'm guessing ferentz loses his job after nightmare he created a quarterback for next year and the demise of hawk football will be complete.

I think most hawk fans see it coming. That's why they are trying to give away tickets now. It's rather funny.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I am way more concerned about the direction that ISU has been headed for the last two years. Iowa generally knows how to play defense, which usually is good enough to win close games. They will probably be much better than you think.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I am concerned if we have the boats/guns to beat Mark Farley in the opener.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
My goodness their roster is full of below average players. They play in a terrible division with hardly any good games on the schedule.

Add that to ISU'S continued growth and another win this year over them in football and it's a clear sign of where their program is heading.

I'm guessing ferentz loses his job after nightmare he created a quarterback for next year and the demise of hawk football will be complete.

I think most hawk fans see it coming. That's why they are trying to give away tickets now. It's rather funny.
Not sure if you are serious, but ISU's continued growth in FB has been on a downward trajectory since Rhoads' first season.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure if you are serious, but ISU's continued growth in FB has been on a downward trajectory since Rhoads' first season.

Disagree. The first season's success had a lot to do with an extremely weak Big 12 North Division schedule and 4 non-conference games.

We no longer avoid the toughest schools in the Big 12 Conference and only have 3 non-conference games. We also survived the almost dissolving of the Big 12 Conference. I would say that the additional facilities and SEZ expansion certainly makes it appear that our FB is moving forward. I look forward to a much better season this year.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
ISU has been on a downward trend, and anyone saying otherwise just isnt being realistic. But so has Iowa. If their schedule wasnt pathetically easy last year, they would have won like four games.

Last edited:

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
ISU has been on a downward trend, and anyone saying otherwise just isnt being realistic. But so has Iowa. If their schedule want pathetically easy last year, they would have won like four games.

With a better season this year for the Cyclones, that would indicate a key reversal and would signify a new uptrend.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Disagree. The first season's success had a lot to do with an extremely weak Big 12 North Division schedule and 4 non-conference games.

We no longer avoid the toughest schools in the Big 12 Conference and only have 3 non-conference games. We also survived the almost dissolving of the Big 12 Conference. I would say that the additional facilities and SEZ expansion certainly makes it appear that our FB is moving forward. I look forward to a much better season this year.

You must buy turd polish in 50 gallon barrels.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
You must buy turd polish in 50 gallon barrels.

Hawkeye fans have cornered the market.

As far as our schedule goes, the 2009 season was the easiest schedule we have had while CPR has been coach.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Very dramatic, someone's aching for the new Star Wars flick.

Funny that you think KF getting fired would signal the demise of Iowa football. I'd argue the exact opposite.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
With a better season this year for the Cyclones, that would indicate a key reversal and would signify a new uptrend.

Yep, with the job CPR has done, I'm 100% confident that we won't finish with a worse conf record than last year.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I hope that the hateful squawks sink to the bottom of their conference and stay there for 30 years or so.......

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008

dumbfounded-reaction-gif.gif

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
It's been mostly the same shtick the last decade.

Some years they have guys come from nowhere and be successful. We all laughed the summer of 2008 that they were hoping some guy from kirkwood named Shawn green was going to be their rb. Guy won the maxwell award and the team went from 6-7 to 9-3 and 11-2 the following year. Kirk was dead in the water after 07

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Lol was that another year isu beat them?

If not for a horrible conference it would have happened earlier.

Do you realize Minnesota Pittsburgh and isu are their top three games? Do you realize they truly only sold out isu last year?

I'm guessing you do. And so do other hawk fans.

As a cyclone fan I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show after we beat them again in ames.

oh and how does your comment compare to the year their fan base thinks they win 10 games and barely scrape by at 500. Too funny.

It's been mostly the same shtick the last decade.

Some years they have guys come from nowhere and be successful. We all laughed the summer of 2008 that they were hoping some guy from kirkwood named Shawn green was going to be their rb. Guy won the maxwell award and the team went from 6-7 to 9-3 and 11-2 the following year. Kirk was dead in the water after 07

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wouldn't trolling Hawk fans be better done on one of their boards? Even than, football trolling is hard for a fan base of a team that kinda currently sucks at football.