George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How is that going to not tear the holy hell out of the sacred grass?
The last concert there was on grass. We put down a floor that had ribs on the bottom so most of the floor was inches above the grass and it had holes in it so the grass could still breathe. The floor didn't go down until just a day or so before the show.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I am really curious how they are going to prepare the stadium for this. In the past the ISC crew would work for a month or so putting everything together for a stadium show. Pretty much none of us are left working there so there is no institutional knowledge so they are going to have to figure it out from scratch. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that they will be starting over and having to figure out all the little things that might get overlooked if you haven't done a concert before - especially a stadium show.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I went to GS at the state fair in the 90s. They sold buckets of Pabst. Those smaller buckets that they fill up and then you take cups and pour them into like it was a pitcher. That lasted one bucket, then you just bought the bucket and drank from that.

Reactions: dirtyninety

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I went to GS at the state fair in the 90s. They sold buckets of Pabst. Those smaller buckets that they fill up and then you take cups and pour them into like it was a pitcher. That lasted one bucket, then you just bought the bucket and drank from that.
That sounds amazing.

Reactions: Tailg8er

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Funny. I went to his last tour ever in January 2020. All he did was hawk his tequila. Guess he ran out of money.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I am really curious how they are going to prepare the stadium for this. In the past the ISC crew would work for a month or so putting everything together for a stadium show. Pretty much none of us are left working there so there is no institutional knowledge so they are going to have to figure it out from scratch. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that they will be starting over and having to figure out all the little things that might get overlooked if you haven't done a concert before - especially a stadium show.
I imagine 99% of it will be contracted out.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I missed that Floyd show because I was taking calc 2 (math 166) over the summer and had a final the next day. Remember studying outside our apartment over on west street and could hear comfortably numb from there.

My only stadium concert there was McCartney. Somehow I skipped the Stones and then U2 because I had a stupid gf back home. What an idiot I was.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
A friend scored tickets for the U2 and Pink Floyd shows but I camped out for both Stones shows. The camp-out lines at CY Stephens were tough fun and became small communities of their own. Wrist bands or stamps were updated at random times so it really was a battle of attrition. I needed 28 tickets for the first Stones show so had to do a lot of horse trading with a 10 ticket limit.