George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
Got the tickets off facebook marketplace for cheap. He sold me great seats at the last minute for less than face value....even included VIP parking, which at the venue was a really nice perk.
Drove my Caprice PPV to the show (6.0 liter ls v8, cammed even).
Picked up my friends and had a light dinner at the Bella Union. Good food but not expensive.

Enjoyed Buddy Guy for less than a ****** ticket to the country music fest at Jack Trice.

Oh, and Buddy Guy was fantastic. He is old, but still has it, and probably will until he draws his last breath. His band is an all star group, carrying on in the old blues tradition of paying dues.

• Haha
Reactions: Turn2 and Tailg8er

Thp427

Mar 14, 2021
Yikes. I just went to price tickets, and it's basically $300 PLUS the extra charges for the cheap seats! I had considered buying a bunch and taking my whole family. Guess not.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Yikes. I just went to price tickets, and it's basically $300 PLUS the extra charges for the cheap seats! I had considered buying a bunch and taking my whole family. Guess not.
I like George Strait but I wouldn't pay more than $100 to see him. Not sure if I'd pay $300 to see anyone. You could got to Vegas for a weekend for what tickets, drinks, and food at the show will cost. That's a Chiefs playoff ticket! First things first.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

Thp427

Mar 14, 2021
I like George Strait but I wouldn't pay more than $100 to see him. Not sure if I'd pay $300 to see anyone. You could got to Vegas for a weekend for what tickets, drinks, and food at the show will cost. That's a Chiefs playoff ticket! First things first.
Yeah, initially I was thinking of taking the wife, kids, and even my parents (they are ISU grads too) but $2k just for tickets seems a little (lot) excessive.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Have you paid for your parking pass yet? Wait till you see what they want for those. ;)

Got a parking pass for $25 which is reasonable - not so reasonable were the $12 in Ticketmaster fees on that $25 purchase.. outrageous.

Anyone know of any cost effective ways to get from DSM to Ames and/or Ames to DSM for an event like this (for those who would rather not drive)? My group will have a DD, but some friends are less confident in their group having someone able to drive em home, so looking for options.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Haven't read hardly any of this thread, so sorry if already mentioned, but they had better not ruin the beautiful grass at Jack Trice.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
Bought tickets for this right when they came out. Found out a few weeks later the wife was pregnant with a due date of June 4th. My wife is set on going.

Has anyone ever given birth inside Jack trice? Anyone from DSM need a DD?:jimlad:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bought tickets for this right when they came out. Found out a few weeks later the wife was pregnant with a due date of June 4th. My wife is set on going.

Has anyone ever given birth inside Jack trice? Anyone from DSM need a DD?:jimlad:
Please please don’t be sitting behind me!!!!