George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I missed that Floyd show because I was taking calc 2 (math 166) over the summer and had a final the next day. Remember studying outside our apartment over on west street and could hear comfortably numb from there.

My only stadium concert there was McCartney. Somehow I skipped the Stones and then U2 because I had a stupid gf back home. What an idiot I was.
I was working at Happy Joe's when McCartney came around. His caterer showed up at the store one morning and wanted us to provide lunch for the entire crew that day. We immediately turned on the rest of the ovens and called the owner, Hank - "Uh, Hank, I think you better get in here." We then figured out a menu on the fly using no meat or animal products. It was a hell of a day but great for Hank because he was still trying to recover from the financial hit of the first flood less than a month before.

That day may have been the difference in keeping his business above water.

I had just started working at the ISC as well so the days I wasn't at Happy Joe's I spent unloading trucks at the stadium. A full day of loading/unloading one 53' trailer after another in the summer heat really takes it out of you.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was working at Happy Joe's when McCartney came around. His caterer showed up at the store one morning and wanted us to provide lunch for the entire crew that day. We immediately turned on the rest of the ovens and called the owner, Hank - "Uh, Hank, I think you better get in here." We then figured out a menu on the fly using no meat or animal products. It was a hell of a day but great for Hank because he was still trying to recover from the financial hit of the first flood less than a month before.

I had just started working at the ISC as well so the days I wasn't at Happy Joe's I spent unloading trucks at the stadium. A full day of loading/unloading one 53' trailer after another in the summer heat really takes it out of you.
I always got the 12 hr night shift. So I basically sat on the fork lift and tried not to wish someone would put me out of my misery.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I always got the 12 hr night shift. So I basically sat on the fork lift and tried not to wish someone would put me out of my misery.
I eventually worked my way up to the fork. I was on that big Sellick fork for two shows the summer of shows but then in an office for the third. When the first show got there Ugly, from the road crew, kept trying out different fork ops. When they did something he didn't like he would send them away and try out a different one. I got sent away once, but the next time I was there he must have thought I was the best he was going to get so he kept me. He kept me there for the rest of the in and out whenever I was working. When he came back with the BJ/EJ show he saw me and asked where my machine was. He was disappointed when I told him I wouldn't be forking for him anymore since I had other duties.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I eventually worked my way up to the fork. I was on that big Sellick fork for two shows the summer of shows but then in an office for the third. When the first show got there Ugly, from the road crew, kept trying out different fork ops. When they did something he didn't like he would send them away and try out a different one. I got sent away once, but the next time I was there he must have thought I was the best he was going to get so he kept me. He kept me there for the rest of the in and out whenever I was working. When he came back with the BJ/EJ show he saw me and asked where my machine was. He was disappointed when I told him I wouldn't be forking for him anymore since I had other duties.
Yeah, the fork trainers were sketchy. Especially mine :).

• Haha
Reactions: VeloClone

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020

With some of these stories you share, I feel like you could write a book.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
With some of these stories you share, I feel like you could write a book.
I'm a pretty good liar. ;)

i-kid-triump-the-insult-dog.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Land Shark and MJ29

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Sukup is $425 and cheapest to get in the door is $192 (those prices include fees). There are some crazy expensive seats for this concert.

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Finally got through the Ticketmaster mess and purchased tickets. Section V halfway up or so cost $206.81 after taxes and fees. That was for a $165 ticket, which was the cheapest I could see after I finally got in.

Ticketmaster made ~$222 on the purchase of my 8 tickets. So stupid. I had to waste 45 mins of my time with their terrible services. Should have taken 5 mins.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So how does one go about getting this presale acces? I saw info for one somewhere a couple of days ago but can't find it now.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
So how does one go about getting this presale acces? I saw info for one somewhere a couple of days ago but can't find it now.
Log in to an American Express credit card account then navigate to entertainment offers and find the George Strait event.

Reactions: wxman1