George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Someone mentioned this a little bit ago, they also said "supposedly will sell alcohol and use it as a test run to sell during games."
I have a friend that works for an NFL team/stadium, and he has told me that the amount of beer consumed at a concert like this dwarfs the amount of beer sold during an NFL game by a large margin. Hopefully they are ready.

Reactions: cstrunk and wxman1

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I have a friend that works for an NFL team/stadium, and he has told me that the amount of beer consumed at a concert like this dwarfs the amount of beer sold during an NFL game by a large margin. Hopefully they are ready.

Kind of common sense to be honest. The combination of duration (time spent at the concert is longer than it is for most NFL games), and the fact most stadium shows occur in the offseason (late spring and summer) when it's warmer, should lead to more fluid consumption in general. Add in the fact concerts are more about "good time" entertainment drinking goes hand in hand.

For football games, due to tailgaiting, the majority of drinking seems to occur outside of the stadium.

Reactions: cstrunk

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Looks like stage will be on Jacobsen end, sections 1-4 and 38-41 closed for now.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Kind of common sense to be honest. The combination of duration (time spent at the concert is longer than it is for most NFL games), and the fact most stadium shows occur in the offseason (late spring and summer) when it's warmer, should lead to more fluid consumption in general. Add in the fact concerts are more about "good time" entertainment drinking goes hand in hand.

For football games, due to tailgaiting, the majority of drinking seems to occur outside of the stadium.
agreed. For all the challenges you read about on this website about concessions, I'm curious if JTS will be ready to execute beer sales to the level being requested.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I used to like country music but its harder to listen to anymore. Loved George though and I'm sure itd be a good show. Couldn't handle those prices though either!

Only show I've seen there was Floyd in 94.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
These prices are insane. I appreciate guys like Garth Brooks who made prices available to a larger number of fans who might not otherwise can afford it.
I think my Garth tix in DSM and Minneapolis were $75 pretax. My tix for him in Vegas were not. Way beyond that.

raftercy

Sep 6, 2006
Albia, IA
Went to his show in '99 at Jack Trice, still haven't decided on this one. I saw King George the first time he played in Iowa at the Clay County Fair in Spencer in 1985, and several times at the Iowa State Fair as well.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
There are still plenty of seats available in the Sukup on Ticketmaster. Someone mentioned in the other post that GSFANS will unlock the preorder site.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron