George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
My daughter asked me if this was the first. I mentioned that I worked the Floyd, stones, EltonJohn/Billy Joel (actually ran into my sister at this show)and Farm Aid all in one year.

That Floyd show would have been sick!

Reactions: NWICY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
weed-blunt.gif

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
VEISHEA and Farm Aid on the same weekend ('93) was something.
It was rough man. I worked at JTS late, everyone on my floor was gone already that night. The RA on my floor had just gotten in also, so we went bar hopping on Welch. I got pretty hammered and so did he. He had guard the next morning and I had to sit on the hill of JTS, in a light drizzle (although Willie did give us ponchos) with a hangover and watch for anyone who may be dumb enough to climb the old chain link fence out there. I did watch guy open his trunk, get a golf club and start whacking golf balls in the parking lot (where the out door practice field is now). I was too hungover to care at that point.

That was the night that I saw one line going north and one going south at CY's (about a half block each) and told the dude with me, why not start a third. So I walked up in the middle and the guy at the door just let me in but wasn't going to allow my RA. He said he was with me and got in, he told me once in that had he not been let in he was for sure going to get his arse kicked because people were getting mad at my third line idea. We bought one pitcher of beer and proceeded to get 3 free ones after that. We are already drunk from mixed drinks at the coliseum.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Pretty crazy power move by JP to get George Strait and Chris Stapleton for your soft launch of beer sales at the Jack.

• Optimistic
Reactions: BACyclone

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
1999, I was in college at the time and didn't go but a guy on my floor worked as an usher at JTS that year and worked that event and when he got back after working it said it was an awesome event.

History of concerts at JTS: https://www.concertarchives.org/venues/jack-trice-stadium Didn't realize that U2 played once and Rolling Stones twice

That was one hell of a lineup for that 1999 show.

I don't remember Primus at the 1992 show. Blind Mellon but not Primus

Reactions: CYdTracked

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Since JP is a big AC/DC fan......would love to see a final tour stop at JTS if the band puts together tour.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Im going to hold a certain fanbase to the "i'll never set foot in that stadium" stance that they have used for years

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
So do they put a floor over the grass?

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
It was AWESOME.

We got tickets in row EE (just calling in as one did then) which we figured would be WAY back in the cheap seats. NOPE. 13th row right side.

Great concert. Division Bell not their best stuff, but they did the classics and it was amazing.

Side note, there is a tribute band called "Brit Floyd" and they are actually really good. Musically amazing, really talented. Saw them in CR years ago and was quite pleasantly surprised. Although I must say using "In the Flesh" for an encore was unexpected.

• Informative
Reactions: BACyclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron