Alert: GAMING & GROUPS THREAD - Will have to opt-in starting Monday

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
I understand wanting more Cyclone stuff on the "Main Page" but currently it is off season so there isn't much going on.

Also as far as I understand it, the main page is just the most recently posted in threads or what has been popular for the day. So I routinely check the sub forums I like to see if I missed anything.

Chris, I hope the book helps and have a great vacation!

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
If there's a way to make the opt-in still show on the main Forum page for those that use it that would likely make everyone warm and fuzzy. Opt-out won't see the threads at all.

Set the default to opt-in so users can decide if they want to opt-out. Put a sticky thread in the Gaming & Groups forum with directions on how to opt-out.

I would be very happy with this too if it's doable :yes:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've decided to delay this decision to allow me to do some more research on how to do some of the things that many of you have requested. I've got a VBulletin book in the mail to me right now that I plan on reading over my vacation, which I leave for on the 14th. Hopefully then I can get it all squared away. The gaming board is safe on the front page for a few more weeks.

You are our Benevolent Dictator. You are great at listening, understanding, and taking everyone's perspective into consideration. However, at the end of the analysis, a decision has to be made and there is no one better suited to do what is best for CF than you. So far, your track record is really good and we all owe you a fortune for what you give us. I trust your judgment as our Benevolent Dictator.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I've decided to delay this decision to allow me to do some more research on how to do some of the things that many of you have requested. I've got a VBulletin book in the mail to me right now that I plan on reading over my vacation, which I leave for on the 14th. Hopefully then I can get it all squared away. The gaming board is safe on the front page for a few more weeks.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Sweet jesus this place is going to **** :no:

tiny-violin1.jpg

Feel free to leave if 2 threads is going to bother you so much. :biglaugh:

Reactions: Cy$

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
So the fantasy golf thread I bump 3-4 times the week before majors start to remind players to set lineups now will have to be in gaming forum or not?

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
I'm trying to catch Erik in posts, and that's going to be impossible if all of them have to make sense.

All I am asking that they are coherent.

You might be able to catch him in a couple months when he is preoccupied. :wink:

Or maybe his addiction will be worse...