Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Re: Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

Let me also say I love the search feature, and being able to go over 9 years of other discussions. When we were looking at buying a house 4 years ago, I went back and searched old threads to find a real estate agent that was highly recommended here and worked great. When I was looking to propose, looked up some old threads that recommended jewelers to help me. We bought a treadmill a few months ago, and was able to find some old threads that helped guide us in our purchase. If only there were threads to help me decide between Mediacom, Dish or DirecTV...

Did you also buy a plane to put on said treadmill?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

There's a lot of garbage sports sites on the web, particularly college sports sites. We probably do not know how good we've got it, and it's all FREE, baby!

So happy birthday of sorts, CF! Many more.

gatsby-leo-051113.gif

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I think the most incredible stat is the number of moderated posts (37,423 out of 4.5 million) as it shows how incredibly devoted the mods have been (most of the original mods are still very active) for the past 9 years.

How many of you would dedicate hours a day to something you get no thanks and no compensation for, and for 9 years! I LOVE OUR MODS! The Fanatics make the site, the Mods make it possible.

Especially LindenCy.

Reactions: LindenCy

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006

[quote1145157878=redsoxcy]

Jeremy's post is dated March 30. Three hundred was probably correct when he posted that. The forced login must have accelerated the membership rates.

I remember this, actually forced me to sign up rather than just lurk.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

Haha. This will never happen. As long as you all will have me, you all are stuck with me. I'm Clone to the bone, baby.

This is a family-friendly site sir! Please refrain from discussions about the bone! Mods, can we address this guy?

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

So anyone want to predict the future for the next ten years?

CF will have gone through two new iterations of hardware. The first upgrade happened after the MBB national championship melted the servers. The second upgrade after Fred was announced as the inaugural coach of the expansion Des Moines NBA franchise.
Some things won't change though. Even though we'll have seen two more Presidents, MacClone will still be posting derogatory things about the liar-community-organizer-in-chief.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale

I don't remember it taking me 8 months to find this, but I think I stalked for a while. I also miss working at the "big bank" where I could post 20-30 times a day, except after a Cyclones loss

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Let me also say I love the search feature, and being able to go over 9 years of other discussions. When we were looking at buying a house 4 years ago, I went back and searched old threads to find a real estate agent that was highly recommended here and worked great. When I was looking to propose, looked up some old threads that recommended jewelers to help me. We bought a treadmill a few months ago, and was able to find some old threads that helped guide us in our purchase. If only there were threads to help me decide between Mediacom, Dish or DirecTV...

That and if I should get Apple or Andriod. Also in the market for a new gaming system, PS3 or XBox? Wish this site could aid me with those issues.

liljones13

Mar 27, 2006
Springville, IA

As an O.G. who doesnt post very much, it is awesome to see the growth of this site. I joined when I was a 17 year old kid who just loved the Cyclones and wanted a site he didn't have to pay $9.99 a month for. This has been more than I could have ever dreamed. The content and forums are ran with such precision and care. Keep up the great work Fanatics!

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

As an O.G. who doesnt post very much, it is awesome to see the growth of this site. I joined when I was a 17 year old kid who just loved the Cyclones and wanted a site he didn't have to pay $9.99 a month for. This has been more than I could have ever dreamed. The content and forums are ran with such precision and care. Keep up the great work Fanatics!

I agreed. Joined in 2008 and while I don't post much anymore, it's remarkable to see how much this site has grown. Well done, fellas!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

I imagine there will be some sweet coupons for the 10th anniversary next year.

So about these coupons. 10th anniversary of the site is coming up quick..