Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Re: Future & Direction of CycloneFanatic.com

I imagine there will be some sweet coupons for the 10th anniversary next year.
If you know anything about history, you know coupons aren't happening.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013

Did CF receive any donations with the donation feature?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

BUMP JUICE!!! (which annoying as hell poster was responsible for that WTF post)

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006

Yes, people got a yellow tag similar to the mod tag.

i predict some people will visit the site today and not look at the time stamp and wonder what this post is about.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

Yep, as others mentioned, you used to get a usertag label for it.

The site was originally completely off of donations, it was a huge move for Jeremy to even do Google ads.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

I got a thumbs up from this thread and was like WTF, when did I post something in the middle of the night about the future of CF? LOL

It's amazing to think back to 9 years ago and where Iowa State was at in the various programs and the ride we've been on since then. I don't know if CF went through more message board systems and designs in the first year or if ISU has gone through more head coaches - would be fun to look it up.

Here are some fun facts about my personal life to put into perspective the changes that can happen over 9 years (ignore if you don't care, but CF has always been personal for me)...

Since starting CF:

We live in our 3rd house in the 3rd city and county around the metro.
We have a 4-year old son (I wanted to name him Cy Jr, got vetoed).
I've aged from 23 to 32 years old (so sad).
I've lost 55 lbs (but that was all in the last 5 months).
I've ****** off and alienated myself from most on CF due to writing while stressed (oh how we learn and grow).
I have free time now (well, it was really just replaced with playing legos with my son).
My sister has 2 wonderful children.
I've never been at a more healthy, happy, and well balanced point in my life.

To everybody that is still here from the beginning, you are like family (the distant family that you like to see but don't want coming over to your house:twitcy:). When I started the site in recognition of the "fanatical" and awesome fanbase we have, I never could have imagined how many would resonate with the message. Now that Chris and his crew have taken it to new heights with media and writing, I couldn't be more proud.

Reactions: bawbie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I got a thumbs up from this thread and was like WTF, when did I post something in the middle of the night about the future of CF? LOL

It's amazing to think back to 9 years ago and where Iowa State was at in the various programs and the ride we've been on since then. I don't know if CF went through more message board systems and designs in the first year or if ISU has gone through more head coaches - would be fun to look it up.

Here are some fun facts about my personal life to put into perspective the changes that can happen over 9 years (ignore if you don't care, but CF has always been personal for me)...

Since starting CF:

We live in our 3rd house in the 3rd city and county around the metro.
We have a 4-year old son (I wanted to name him Cy Jr, got vetoed).
I've aged from 23 to 32 years old (so sad).
I've lost 55 lbs (but that was all in the last 5 months).
I've ****** off and alienated myself from most on CF due to writing while stressed (oh how we learn and grow).
I have free time now (well, it was really just replaced with playing legos with my son).
My sister has 2 wonderful children.
I've never been at a more healthy, happy, and well balanced point in my life.

To everybody that is still here from the beginning, you are like family (the distant family that you like to see but don't want coming over to your house:twitcy:). When I started the site in recognition of the "fanatical" and awesome fanbase we have, I never could have imagined how many would resonate with the message. Now that Chris and his crew have taken it to new heights with media and writing, I couldn't be more proud.

And several new jobs since then, Jer! And a couple of new cars. And a different hairline. :wink: But Cy Jr. is definitely the biggest change. :)

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

you could have gotten away with Cyrus as a name.

baller1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
WDM

I was in 8th grade when I originally posted in this thread.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

So anyone want to predict the future for the next ten years?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

I predict we'll have an explosion of young and fair-weather fans that are following the best team in the state after winning several national championships in MBB, Iowa State will have a winning season in football, and Hoiberg celebrates win number 750.

I predict CW will take over for Olbermann and forget all about his roots as he becomes the lead personality on ESPN and wears WWF (or whatever it is now) and Taylor Swift shirts rather than ISU apparel.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

I joined in 08. I wish I had found this in 06. Big thanks to Jeremy for creating this great site. I enjoy that while this site's main focus is ISU sports, it also is place to discuss all topics (i.e. pro sports, off topic, etc). There are so many days I have a conversation where I tell people about something i read here. There is not a day I don't check into this site.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010

Welsey may be working on his 124k post total or close to launching Skynet .