Friday OT - Favorite video game of all-time

Kagavi

Mar 4, 2013
California
www.kagavi.com
Too many to list, but right now I prefer games with a strong storyline, artistic style, and complete worlds:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Banjo-Kazooie.

Perfect Dark.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
My responses will show my age. I, too, loved centipede, but my favorite game was/is Millipede - most addicting game for me of all time. I also loved Spy Hunter, Galaga, and Defender. I also loved the ORIGINAL Star Wars arcade game where you start by shooting tie-fighters and then progress to blowing up the Death Star -- it was the next best thing to watching the movie.
View attachment 22556

HELL YES. I used to play the version where you sat inside it. This reminds me of one I'm sure you remember, BattleZone where you're driving a tank w/ two levers...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
NES - Zelda (Zelda 2 sucked), Tysons Punchout, Contra
SNES - Ken GriffeyJr Baseball, Zelda (LTTP)
N64 - Zelda (OoT, MM), Perfect Dark, Goldeneye
GameCube - Zelda (WW, TP) Metroid Prime
Wii - Zelda (SS), New Super Mario Brothers, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
Xbox - Halo Series
Xbox 360 - Halo Series, Gears of Wars

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I lol at all your poverty games. Tecmo Super Bowl. Not just because I am unbeatable, but because it is the quickest, to the point game to show that you are superior to your friends. Straight up head to head, look away and move the directional arrows around for 10 seconds and say STOP, do this twice and whichever of the two teams you came up with is the team you play with. You ended up with patriots vs. san fran? So what, make it work. What just happened, did Bo Jackson just get 500 yards on you? Did Howie Long just slip the line and ruin every play that isnt in shotgun? Lawrence Taylor just cover 20 yards to break up a pass. Did QB Eagles just arrow up b button to the end zone? Its a game of strategy in the purest form and should be praised from the heavens.

I agree with you, except, you can't use Howie Long to slip the line at most Super Tecmo Bowl tournaments. I'm not ashamed I know this, so I accept your challenge of unbeatable.

Reactions: bringmagicback

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I thought Links Awakening was a massive game at the time for the Game Boy.
When I would hit up an arcade I would play Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania, and Double Dragon.

St810s

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
West Des Moines
I love way too many to list, but my favorite has to be Halo 2. Pioneered the online video game experience and also consequently consumed most of my free time in high school...

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
A newer game that I really loved was The Last of Us. Such a good character driven story line and it was challenging.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Here's one for SEGA that I LOVED, but I don't think it was that popular of a game.

Shadowrun_%281994%29_Coverart.png

It's based on the role playing game of the same name. Cyberpunk style role playing game. It was super addictive and I played it even after I got my PS1.

You could customize your characters attributes and even cybernetic upgrades. I would do endless runs for karma and cash.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Even though it was already mentioned for some reason I forgot to mention Shadow of the Colossus. I borrowed it from a friend and I think I played through it about 5 times and beat all the time trials.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Too many to list all of them but my favs are:
Star Wars: KOTOR
Call of Duty 1 (before it was cool)
Battlefield 1942
Assassin's Creed 2
FIFA

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron