Friday OT - Favorite video game of all-time

RunDMCyclone

Jun 9, 2013
12 Grimmauld Place
Super Mario Bros 3 and it's not even close for me. If I had a reliable NES I could still see myself playing that game occasionally for old time's sake.

A few others that I really enjoyed:

Super Mario Bros 1 (2 was terrible)
Paperboy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - The Manhattan Project
NBA Jam
GTA Vice City
GTA 5
NCAA Football

Those are just some of my favorites mostly in terms of how much I continued to play the games after the fact. There are others like Skyrim or Fallout 3 that were really great games but I quit playing them after beating the game.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
March Madness 06.
Scottie Reynolds all day!

... might have been 08 that had Scottie Reynolds all day. 06 was still my favorite gameplay.

Last edited:

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
YES! I almost forgot about that one. Also, I remember the Apple Computer game Castle Wolfenstein - not the first person shooter that it would eventually morph into - but the original 5 inch floppy disk version. I had a blast trying to figure out the maze and how to get past all those Nazi soldiers. Anyone else remember that??

The original two Wolfenstein games were way better than Wolfenstein 3-D or whatever it was called later.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Since I'm not old and never went back to play old games/Final Fantasy/Zelda, I've barely played any of the mentioned games. For me it's Halo 3 and Battlefield 3. I've logged tons of hours between those two games. I haven't played Halo 3 in a long time but when it came out that's all I played.

Halo 3 is free with gold right now. Worth a 'purchase' just to get it into your account so you can play it at any time.

Fired it up and started blazing through it on easy just for fun last night.

BurgundyClone

Apr 15, 2007
East of Omaha
Arcade -NBA Jam- MUCH fun was had at Winston's & Tazzles back in the day when that arrived
NES -Mega Man series, Castlevania series -Ninja Gaiden --all these games took great coordination, something that is non-existent these days. And of course Tecmo Super Bowl and Baseball Stars for sports and Contra.
SNES -Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country -Super Tecmo Football AND basketball -still my favorite basketball game -Super Contra