Friday OT #2 - Take This Restaurant and Shove It!

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Don't like Taco John's. Too salty and also flavorless.

Love Chik-fil-a. Employees look you in the eye and smile!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE MUSIC TURNED UP TO 11!!!

That's one thing I've never understood about Texas Roadhouse, the extremely loud music. You don't want to go there if you want to sit down and talk with someone while eating. I don't mind some music in the background, but geeez.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
That's one thing I've never understood about Texas Roadhouse, the extremely loud music. You don't want to go there if you want to sit down and talk with someone while eating. I don't mind some music in the background, but geeez.

How about them singing happy birthday at the top of their lungs every 10 minutes?

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I used to like Quiznos when I was in high school, but found myself liking it less. What really got me to stop going there were their torpedo subs. They literally took a single slice of eat, cut it in to triangles, and used that for the sub. Total rib off. I also didn't like that they would measure the meat in front of you while ordering. I also thought they were getting expensive. This was before their reorganization.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Around 2004 every Subway suddenly had the most disgusting smell. I'd already started not liking how their ingredients went downhill, but the smell really drove it into a category of hate and disgust. The smell travels with you too, you smell like that at the office and then when you walk in your house at night it instantly hits you.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Honestly, their service might be too good sometimes. I swear, half the time theyre so fast i'm still trying to get my credit card back in my wallet when theyre already ready to hand the food out the window.

They'll also just give away free stuff, apologizing for the wait, when you've been there a fraction of the time you'll be waiting at most other fast food.

As far as their politics go... i'm not a fan of their ownership's politics, but lets be honest, just about everyone who doesnt go there because of that probably shops somewhere else where the ownership has the same views, just maybe less vocally.

I generally don't eat fast food purely for health concerns (it might as well be smoking if it's part of a daily routine), but I'll go to Chic Fil A a few times a year. My coworkers and I were there for lunch not long ago and the manager is treating us like kings filling up our water and lemonades, the special orders are always correct, and the employees are generally happy.

I couldn't care less if they close on Sundays. A lot of my favorite restaurants when I was in Chicago would close on Sunday or Monday, you just have to get used to it. It's actually a refreshing thing to guarantee a scheduled day off in an industry where employees are often walked all over.

Some of you know my politics and I was not happy with what I considered quite a discriminatory stance a few years ago, but they adjusted their position and changed their donation habits to the point where I don't see an issue years later. I look at a company like McDonalds that paid employees below minimum wage by putting their pay on cards and charging outrageous fees to get money out...if I want to be upset by a restaurant's ethics I'd say that's what comes to mind first rather than about the only fast food place where I've ever seen happy employees.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Flame away...

Tasty Taco... had it about 6 years ago and got food poisoning from a chicken taco. Now every time I even drive by one I shutter in disgust.

Not to mentions their overly dense, overly fluffy taco shells SUCK!

Ankeny location..

Reactions: heitclone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Culvers. Food just doesn't work for me. Butterburgers are greasy to my taste. And the ice cream? Look, I am a total ice cream junkie, but that "custard" they serve must be 50/50 ice cream and butter. Just like eating a stick of butterfat raw. Yuck.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I generally don't eat fast food purely for health concerns (it might as well be smoking if it's part of a daily routine),

Used to work with a gal, in her 40s, single, who ate fast food at least twice a day, and usually breakfast, lunch, and dinner. She was a disaster physically. Not just weight, which was too much, but not like Jabba the Hutt or anything off the chart.

But her health... she was sick all. the. time. Colds, flu, sinus infection, stomach problems, headaches, joint pain, back problems. You name it, she had it. She must have called in sick or worked form home 40% of the time.

Cookie Monster said it best, people: "Cookies are a sometimes food". Same for fast food. More than once a week, and you should start planning ahead more. Trust me, 20-somethings.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I chuckle when I see/hear of people refusing to patronize certain establishments because of their "politics." If those folks were consistent, they would likely need to stop patronizing many of their own favorite stores and restaurants, they just don't realize it.

I know that if I refused to do business with any entity I disagreed with politically I'd probably be living in a cabin in the remote woods and writing manifestos, and I'd think many others would be doing the same also.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Around 2004 every Subway suddenly had the most disgusting smell. I'd already started not liking how their ingredients went downhill, but the smell really drove it into a category of hate and disgust. The smell travels with you too, you smell like that at the office and then when you walk in your house at night it instantly hits you.
Limburger, Roquefort and bleu cheese.

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
my local mcdonalds routinely forgets to put meat on the burgers....no joke. The burger king, if you show up after 8, its at least a 10 minute wait for anything even just one dollar chicken sandwich. They usually try talking you out of ordering by saying, that will be a 10 minute wait are you sure you want to order it? Subway is really the only option if needing quick.

Stuart?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron