Friday Afternoon Cael Sanderson Rumor Update

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
To show just how much this impacts the team and program - one wrestler just texted me that he heard Cael was already out of town and taking the job.

Some wrestlers have heard he's staying, at least one has heard he's leaving - anybody is just guessing at this point.

You've got a state full of jumpers at this point :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
To show just how much this impacts the team and program - one wrestler just texted me that he heard Cael was already out of town and taking the job.

Some wrestlers have heard he's staying, at least one has heard he's leaving - anybody is just guessing at this point.

really speakes about Cael...he is not handling this right.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
AM 1700 reported that Penn State is offering Cael a 5 year deal at 2.5 million....

Also if Cael does leave it looks like the little book keeper is looking for someone with ties to Iowa State Wrestling...

For what its worth there it is boys.....

Last edited:

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
This would confirm that Iowa State Athletics are officially cursed. Greatest wrestler ever lands first coaching job at alma mater, wins conference titles, and has team inches away from winning a national title. Then he leaves for a lesser wrestling program. That could only be the work of a heebie-jeebie, witchcraft, voodoo curse.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007

Gosh...sounds similar to how ol' Geno left us a few months back.

If it's true and he's gone, maybe Cael will go for a 1-minute team meeting on Sunday, just to beat out the 2-minute precedent set by Chiz.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
really speakes about Cael...he is not handling this right.
I suppose Palmer that you would turn down 2.5 million dollars to work for 132K...

I dont think so....I dont blame Cael for leaving for the big bucks and winning natl championships....

LukePlansky

Nov 29, 2007
Ames
Talked to the media contact from PSU. Wouldn't say anything. Talked "if the wrestling coach search should end"-speak

Cyclone90

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 29, 2007

Damage has been done at this point regardless with plenty of scorched earth. Almost best for him to leave IMO. It will be interesting to hear the deal details and see how much of this is about money and how much about JP.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Apparently those as close to the situation as possible know absolutely nothing right now. Some have been told one thing only to literally turn around and hear the opposite. You could throw a dart at a camels butt and have a better chance of splitting a hair than you have of finding a legit source that knows anything remotely accurate at a time like this.