Friday Afternoon Cael Sanderson Rumor Update

Cyintex

Jan 25, 2008
Driftwood, Tx
I've seen a lot posts saying JP is the issue or that he's the "more to the story" piece thats causing the problems... What is it that an AD could be doing or saying that would make a coach want to leave?... Those on the "inside" feel free to correct me, but from my very outside perspective it appeared Cael had everything he needed... a school that loved him so much that they gave him a ton of money to do something he loved to do...not to mention the job was his as long as wanted to be here, but apparently he doesn't want to be here anymore.. There's very little loyalty left in society these days, instead its about folks getting all they can while they can so maybe its just Cael getting all he can.. while he can.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I've seen a lot posts saying JP is the issue or that he's the "more to the story" piece thats causing the problems... What is it that an AD could be doing or saying that would make a coach want to leave?... Those on the "inside" feel free to correct me, but from my very outside perspective it appeared Cael had everything he needed... a school that loved him so much that they gave him a ton of money to do something he loved to do...not to mention the job was his as long as wanted to be here, but apparently he doesn't want to be here anymore.. There's very little loyalty left in society these days, instead its about folks getting all they can while they can so maybe its just Cael getting all he can.. while he can.

Apparently 11 other ADs in the big 12 can provide better athletics than JP. I'm assuming his record is very near the bottom of any Div 1 program in the major sports. Not it appears he cannot keep a legend and ISU icon.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Apparently 11 other ADs in the big 12 can provide better athletics than JP. I'm assuming his record is very near the bottom of any Div 1 program in the major sports. Not it appears he cannot keep a legend and ISU icon.

who is a dooshberry.

see Hassel's post.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
I hope it's for more money. Obscene money. If not I can't figure out who should be more carefull to look both ways before crossing the street, Cael or Jamie.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007

Then you'd better start giving more money to get us off the doormat of revenues, too.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Then you'd better start giving more money to get us off the doormat of revenues, too.

Because, wow, the increased donations that have happened over the last three years have definitely turned into success for us. Sorry, this argument is valid but only in relative terms. Money wise things have gotten much much better here. Fan support is still strong, if not stronger than ever. Eventually you have to pay the fans back.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Whatever, I hope Penn State enjoys watching wrestlers hold on for deal life and win/lose on riding time

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

According to the current Director's Cup standings, ISU is about in the middle of the pack with respect to the Big 12 teams...

National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics - National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
Because, wow, the increased donations that have happened over the last three years have definitely turned into success for us. Sorry, this argument is valid but only in relative terms. Money wise things have gotten much much better here. Fan support is still strong, if not stronger than ever. Eventually you have to pay the fans back.

Increased donations don't mean **** when you are at the bottom, and then increase them to still be at the bottom.

And, see below:

According to the current Director's Cup standings, ISU is about in the middle of the pack with respect to the Big 12 teams...

National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics - National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
The one comment from the news release tht stuck with me, the athletes from that state want to wrestle at Penn State, it would be easier to win a nation title ( not word for word). Not money, that will come based on his start and camps and bonus's. I am truly sorry to say now, he could not compete in Iowa.....that is BS. It was his coaching staff not the Iowa kids. He was like many other coaches which became a head coach young...he struggles with staff. I thought he was definetly on his way with a few more tweeks (lose his brother), but now he will lose a lot of face in some circles. However, he just became a new messiah at Penn State.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Increased donations don't mean **** when you are at the bottom, and then increase them to still be at the bottom.

And, see below:

That's why I said, you have to look at it relatively. We aren't going to go from really bad to top of the class over night. It's going to take time. We can't afford to have this stuff happen this regularly and hope to keep everyone on board with the plan.