Frank Martin Suspended....

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
To say his run at SC has not gone well would be an understatement.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Suspended for cussing at his player or suspended because it was caught so clearly by the TV cameras?

They knew exactly what they were getting so this should have been zero surprise for anyone.

DiehardClone

Jan 29, 2014
Hard to tell if that's a college basketball game or boot camp at Parris Island.

[video=youtube;pJ9Kk3ATyuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ9Kk3ATyuM[/video]

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I remember that he was doing studio work on CBS for March Madness when the SC story broke.
They asked him about it. He did the classic angry denial, and SC announced his hiring either the next day or the day after.
It was the classic coaching touch of class.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
To say his run at SC has not gone well would be an understatement.

Seeing as former coach Darren Horn told most of the would be returning players to transfer before last year, him having 8 freshman on the team, and not having Bruce Ellington return to the team this year (declared for NFL draft), I would say he has done better than expected this year. Give him another year or two and Carolina will be at the level Kstate was at when he left.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Suspended for cussing at his player or suspended because it was caught so clearly by the TV cameras?

They knew exactly what they were getting so this should have been zero surprise for anyone.

Yeah, it makes me wonder how many times Bob Knight would have been suspended if there had been as many TV cameras around in the '80's as there are now.

Besides, where is the line drawn now? If a coach yells at his players without swearing is he still abusive? If he says ***** in a normal tone of voice during a time-out is he out of line?

Count me in as one of those who likes Martin. I wish he was still at Kansas State, honestly.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
A men's coach suspended for yelling at his team. What a great generation we live in.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Didn't realize swearing at players was a suspendable crime. Given the information now in front of me, I will be inflicting a self-imposed suspension of 1/2 game for the next football season....

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Notice that it is no big deal to anyone in the huddle, including the player being addressed. Nobody is looking away, nobody is frozen, they are just listening. You can tell this isn't the first time it has happened . . . and that it probably isn't really a big deal.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
Seeing as former coach Darren Horn told most of the would be returning players to transfer before last year, him having 8 freshman on the team, and not having Bruce Ellington return to the team this year (declared for NFL draft), I would say he has done better than expected this year. Give him another year or two and Carolina will be at the level Kstate was at when he left.

I was really confused by your post for awhile. I didn't realize Ellington played 2 sports.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

You would be about the only one making the argument that they were better than expected, at best they met extremely low expectations but you can't sell going 4-13 in a bad SEC as overachieving. I doubt Martin ever wins an NCAA tournament game there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron