NFL: Favre

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
They are a QB away from a super bowl IMO

AP would have a field day with Favre at QB. Look at what Grant did at GB with Favre and then w/o. Than look at what Thomas Jones did before Favre got there. HUGE difference. Can't load the box when Favre is your QB.

He is still great. Throws to many INT's but still makes throws no others do.

At the same time, I don't want him to come back b/c it will be nothing but negative and I love him to much for his name to get dragged through the mud anymore than it has in the past 2 years

hey i love favre i think hes been a great qb and love the way he plays i just dont think he can take a team to the top anymore

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Favre was immediately one of the better players with the Jets. He made key mistakes down the stretch and the team faded, but they were far better last season and Favre was a huge part of that. He was a shot in the arm they needed.

The Vikings have more overall talent than the Jets did last season and are in a worse division. The only good defense he would face in that division is Chicago. Detroit does not have much of a pulse and the Packer defense was severely lacking last season.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I am mildly unscrupulous when it comes to pro sports. As a life-long Vikings fan, who has endured some straight up heartbreak (in addition to my Cyclone fan-dom) I want whatever it takes to get us to the Super Bowl. The Vikings are a legitimate QB from being a Super Bowl contender. Brett Favre, I would welcome thee...

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I think 2 things couls be in play here. I think the Vikings need to look at it and see if he truely wants to come back and if he does it would be a good pick up for childress considering he's most likely on the hot seat. As for Farve it maybe a situation where he wants to offically retire as a Packer and there hasn't been a thawing between Thompson and Farve. Remember the 10 million that the pack tried to get Farve to agree last summer to stay retired could Farve be looking for that again or else he's willing to come back and play vs the pack?:confused:

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
:eek::eek: most overrated huh, i guess having alot of nfl records and a superbowl win makes you overrated

Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Doug Williams have won Superbowls, among others, and Fran Tarkenton has NFL records, so I guess, yeah, I'm agreeing he is overrated.

The guy won one SuperBowl, same as the QB's listed above.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
the only record of his that won't be broken is all time interceptions. For viking fans, he may take you to the playoffs, but will choke in them.

The only reason that record won't get broken is b/c no QB will play as many game as he did.

How many times has Favre choked in the playoffs again?

OC Cyclone

Mar 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
This whole Favre thing is histerical...but it's funnier to think that some people think he would not be the Vikings best choice at least for one season. Take his injuries away, whatever they may be with his shoulder, tricep and others which I'm sure he could recover from, but he's gotta be the Vikes best option. If you forget last December, he took a very mediocre Jets team and had people thinking at least a division championship for most of the season. I'd pin some of the Jets lackluster December on Mangini, who nobody has seemed to get along with. I remember watching the Jets-Patriots game last November, and thinking wow, Favre still has it. Sage was terrible last year with a team that I don't think is too different than the Vikings, and Tavaris is kinda Akili Smith-like

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Ed Werner-ESPN ( who I trust) is now reporting that Brett Farve and Brad Childress will sit down within the hour to finalize details about Brett becoming a Viking.....

Ed says it is a done deal...

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
Yeah, Brett. Come back to the Vikings. I can't wait to see you have one of those trademark 3+ interception games in the Metrodome and have the Viking fans boo you off the field, leaving you longing for the days you were a God in Green Bay.

This has gotten tiresome. Folks, he's not the answer. Yeah, he'll win you a game or two. Problem is, he'll lose you a game or two along the way, as well. The bigger problem is, one of those losses always comes in the playoffs. Viking fans, let's be honest. With that kind of running game, you don't need a gunslinger. You need a Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson and a good defense. It worked for BOTH the Ravens and the Bucs.

Let's take a trip down the Brett Favre memory lane...

2001, Packers lose divisional playoff to Rams, 47-17. Favre throws 5 touchdowns. Problem is, three of them went to the Rams. 2 TD's, SIX INT's.

2002, Packers lose wild card to Falcons, 27-7. First ever playoff loss at the Tundra. Favre has 1 TD, 2 INT's

2003, the Team of Destiny and the mother****ing 4th and 26 vs. the Eagles. Favre's first pass in OT is an INT to Dawkins, giving Akers an easy field goal for the win.

2004, Packers lose wild card to VIKINGS AT LAMBEAU, 31-17. 1 TD, 4 INT's

Which brings me to 2007. The pick in OT of the NFC Championship Game, that went to the ONLY COVERED RECEIVER ON THE FIELD

FavreThrow.jpg

Just retire, man. Before you lose the respect of ALL Packer fans.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So you're putting all of those losses on Favre? Including the playoff game vs. Minny when the defense allowed the long 4th down conversion?

That does make sense.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Just get over it people, he will probably end up signing with the Vikes and there is nothing we can do to stop him. He wants to kick the **** out of the packers because of there owner or something...Hes better then what we have..and its going to be amazing to see him in purple!

I really think the vikes have been planning on doing this since last year..we havnt made any "huge" moves and we have plenty of room in the cap for him.

So sit back and enjoy watching the vikings with a legend at QB..and if you dont support him when he is a vike..well then your not a true viking fan so **** off

Last edited:

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Just get over it people, he will probably end up signing with the Vikes and there is nothing we can do to stop him. He wants to kick the **** out of the packers because of there owner or something...Hes better then what we have..and its going to be amazing to see him in purple!

I really think the vikes have been planning on doing this since last year..we havnt made any "huge" moves and we have plenty of room in the cap for him.

So sit back and enjoy watching the vikings with a legend at QB..and if you dont support him when he is a vike..well then your not a true viking fan so **** off
You haven't the slightest clue.

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
So you're putting all of those losses on Favre? Including the playoff game vs. Minny when the defense allowed the long 4th down conversion?

That does make sense.

Not all of them. Just reviving some memories. The one you mentioned is probably the one that Favre can get the most slack for. Ahman getting stuffed on the 4th-and-goal on the Eagles' 1, the 4th and 26 play where Barnett blew the coverage and left FredEx open, or the INT on the first snap of OT. Any one of those three goes the other way and that game is a Packer win.

The others...yeah. The Rams game, definitely. The Falcons game with two early INT's and a forced fumble were big, but there were some significant injuries on that team. I'll give him a rub on that one. Vikings game with 4 INT's, yeah. The Giants game was craptastic all around, but somehow, I knew that pick was coming as soon as it was close in the 4th quarter.

Just sayin'. Don't pin Super Bowl hopes on Favre. Since the start of this decade, he's 3-4, 13 TD, 12 INT in playoff games. The 2007 playoffs are the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Going from that masterful 3 TD, 0 INT game against the Seahawks to a 2 TD, 2 INT game against the Giants, where the second pick directly results in the loss. People always also forget (I did, for my first post) that the man has trouble playing on Astroturf for some reason. It's not 1996 anymore. The man's no spring chicken, and the Jets did falter down the stretch last year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron