NFL: Favre

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
All this means is that ESPN will not stop talking about Favre until they do the GB @ MIN game on Monday Night Football on October 5th. :no:

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
All this means is that ESPN will not stop talking about Favre until they do the GB @ MIN game on Monday Night Football on October 5th. :no:

ESPN will bring back the Favre tab on the ticker below, if they already haven't. :no:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Did he run out of gas or was his arm that bad?

Why do you want someone with either of those problems to be your QB? He runs out of gas and then the team has to make a QB change 2/3 through the season??? Kiss the playoffs goodbye, which is exactly what happened to the Jets last year.

If Favre had Superbowl potential, one way or the other, he'd still be with the Jets.

Last edited:

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Why do you want someone with either of those problems to be your QB? He runs out of gas and then the team has to make a QB change 2/3 through the season??? Kiss the playoffs goodbye, which is exactly what happened to the Jets last year.

If Favre had Superbowl potential, one way or the other, he'd still be with the Jets.

If he had a hurt arm, than that is fine. That can be fixed with either surgery or time.

Now running out of gas is something different, and if that is the case I wouldn't want him to come back

Personally, I blame a lot of it on Mangenious. I watched every single Jets game last year and some of the coaches decisions were baffling to me

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
Not really convinced of that - I think it was Favre's goal all along to get to the Vikings.

This could very well be the case. Favre sacrifices a year to play for another team, retires and claims he will never play again so the Jets will release him, and then signs with the Vikes.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I don't mind him coming... I just don't want the circus that comes with him... It'll be a zoo...

I agree. I'm still not sold that he is the guy that will push the Vikes over the hump in the Superbowl. The whole thing stinks of desperation on the part of Childress. He is still getting killed by the TJ pick (and continued support) and rightfully so.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
but what kind of a signal does it send to them if the team apparently thinks a 39/40 year-old qb is better than them right now?

I think it worked ok for the Cards last season to have an old timer in the game while Leinart rode the pine.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I agree. I'm still not sold that he is the guy that will push the Vikes over the hump in the Superbowl. The whole thing stinks of desperation on the part of Childress. He is still getting killed by the TJ pick (and continued support) and rightfully so.
Childress needs to go back to TV. because he's a ****** head coach.
2357296904_b7d1b75aa7.jpg

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Some numbers to look at.......2008 Season

Favre (Jets)..... 65.7 % Completion Rate
22 TD
22 INT
3472 Yards
Sacked 30 times
81.0 QB Rating

Sage. (Texans)...... 66.7 % Completion Rate
6 TD
10 Int
1431 Yards
Sacked 9 times
79.5 QB Rating

T. Jackson (Vikings) 59.1% Completion Rate
9 TD
2 Int
1056 Yards
Sacked 14 Times
95.4 QB Rating

Frerotte (Vikings) Just for comparison
59.1 % Completion Rate
12 TD
15 Int
2157 Yards
Sacked 29 Times
73.7 QB Rating

Probably doesn't mean much, but was interesting. I doubt anyone would have thought TJ had the highest qb rating.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Brett must be bored farming in Louisiana. He needs to get a real farm in Minnesota.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Not that I don't think Favre can't play. But this is worse than M.J. at least M.J. retired, came back for an extended period of time, retired, and then came back again.

All we will have to look forward to is Favre retiring at the end of the season again. It is getting a little old, he made a fool of himself last year with the whole drama with Green Bay, and now he's doing it again. It's time Brett, it's time.

Favre is not asking anyone of us to care about him or his career - nor should we if we really don't want to. If it's getting old - don't watch...