Drake peaked too early?

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
My prediction is they lose on Sat, then close out the rest of the MVC season with wins. They then have a poor showing at the conference tourney and end up like a 7 seed.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I think so, yes. Atleast it sure seems that way. It's kinda like the Hawks a couple weeks ago peaking in basketball. Now they are back to being awful. Drake is in some trouble right now. They really need to stop the bleeding or they're going to end up a 7-9 seed in the Dance.

Hell, I would kill to be a 7 or 9 seed right now. Heck I wouldn't mind being a 15 seed.

They are in the tourney. A place where I wish we were. Plus they have 3 loses all season. Even if they lose a 4th or 5th game, I would still want to switch records. I'll even take the 21 straight wins.

Hard to complain right now.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com
They may have peaked, but come on... they only lost 2 this week... They can still turn it back around and come on strong again... The Butler game will tell us a lot... If they can keep it close that is a good sign for them.

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Does anybody know what Drake's RPI is? Have they beat any top 20 teams? Yeah they beat Iowa and ISU, but we both are terrible this year.

They are 0-1 against the RPI top 50. They have lost to the only on their schedule that is of NCAA tourney quality. Of course, it's not their fault that everyone in the Valley plus the in-state teams are having down years. I do think, though, that the endless string of weak opponents that they have played has contributed heavily to their lofty record.

I honestly think that if they lose to Butler and then lose in the MO. Valley that they COULD be in danger of not making the tourney due to their schedule. They probably would still make it, but 26-5 with no "quality wins" and a weak conference? It has happened before.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
They are 0-1 against the RPI top 50. They have lost to the only on their schedule that is of NCAA tourney quality. Of course, it's not their fault that everyone in the Valley plus the in-state teams are having down years. I do think, though, that the endless string of weak opponents that they have played has contributed heavily to their lofty record.

I honestly think that if they lose to Butler and then lose in the MO. Valley that they COULD be in danger of not making the tourney due to their schedule. They probably would still make it, but 26-5 with no "quality wins" and a weak conference? It has happened before.

I think the fact that they won the Valley outright gets them in, unless they do something like lose 3 in a row then lose the first round of the tourney, which I don't anticipate.

I do not think they are looking at better than a 7 seed though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron