Darius Darks... (Commits to ISU)

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think we'll hear from either Leonard Johnson, Ter'Ran Benton or Maurice Gray next.

From what I've heard, Johnson wanted to commit to us but his mother wants him to take his other visits first. See what his options are.

Sucks for us but, atleast she is being a good mother. Making him do something he doesn't want to do because she knows it's best for him. And if he does commit to us we know we'll have a kid that was raised well and listens to his mother :yes:

From the free section, 4 star juco Maurice Gray is visiting this weekend.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Sorry KMAC, I should never try to dispute with the master (j/k) :wink:

I love the fact that MSU got the kid from GA and left the door open for us to pick up Darks. I think that we have a great shot for Benton and Johnson and would like to see us pick up Presley, as well. it never hurts to have insurance.

DJ....i was more happy about seeing him committed to us then me being right thats for sure....now that said....someone else pointed out that Minnesota has now picked up a stud DT, so if the same rational works, maybe Joe Marshall has brought us back into the picture....i'm coolin on him a bit....it might just be me, but, he comes off as a big man, but, not sure if the fire is there, dont have that look, swagger that a guy in the trenches that either gets his butt handed to him or he does the whoppin, Big Joe just dont have that look....However, two other guys on CR recruits list do, they look the part to me....heres the links....

Adrin Haughton
Adrin Haughton - Football Recruiting
I dont know if we have a good shot with him or not, but, this guy for a big man is an athlete - look at his vertical for a man 6-4 323 thats impressive!!!! It seems the DT that always seem to be able to make it at the next level are athletic.....Adrin has both Power and Athletic.....this would be a great get even though he's rated as 0*....thats bs

James Brown
James Brown - Football Recruiting
This guy has the look....he looks mean and nasty, those are actually good traits when you deal with the trenches....

DJ, if we can get Gray and either Johnson or Benton i would be extremely happy with our defensive recruits.....However, i don't think presley is realistic...hes got too many offers from his area and his stock is soaring...i think were out on him.....Hope you prove me wrong!!!!

Drizzle

Nov 9, 2007
Seriously, Maurice Gray is going to sign with Iowa State... I am pretty sure of it:yes:

kurimski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
For me....a statement recruit would be Bo Williams....if this kids commits to ISU when he could transfer to almost any school he wants, that would be a HUGE STATEMENT!!!!

What are ISU's chances of actually getting this guy? What schools is he looking at? I know he's a stud and wouldn't mind getting him.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

thread_necromancer_card_3.jpg

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I have a feeling he would be more productive at WR I see great potential for him there.

cylentMike

Aug 15, 2012
I have a "friend" who has seen this guy play. Trust me he will definitely be moved to the offensive side of the ball. My "friend" says he has great hands and will end up with, oh lets say 127ish catches for the Cardinal and Gold when all is said and done. He may also have around, oh, I don't know 1346 yards. I trust CPR will know exactly what to do with him.:spinny:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron