Darius Darks... (Commits to ISU)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I was worried when we lost Marshall to those...gentlemen at KU, but Darks is a remarkable comeback, and a huge statement recruit for Chizik and his staff!

At least now it's easier to see who could be starting at safety in a couple of years--and there is quality depth right away. Does anyone else think that Tiller would make a remarkable safety? Oh--I probably shouldn't say that before he signs...

saf

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 2, 2006
Ames, IA
Re: Darius Darks...

highest rated hs kid to sign with us so far...

He has the same Rivals Rating (RR) as McDonough and Tiller--5.5.

Great pickup! Does he project as a corner? Seems small (right now) to play safety--20 lbs. under Land and Smith.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Gooden, with Anthony Lewis on the wish list? I like Land if he really runs a 4.41, but Gooden would pair nicely with Darks.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Talk about great news...wow, this is an awesome get for ISU and don't want to brag...but, as i mentioned in my analysis earlier in the week, i thought we had an excellent chance with him after MSU signed the kid from Georgia...

Now, if we can get 2-3 of the following, i wouldnt need anything else for xmas, i would be really happy with this recruiting class and our secondary in the future...

Corner
Maurice Gray
Greg Brown
Cornelius Douglas
Leonard Johnson
Marcus Cromartie (i think he's back to solid for Wisc)
TerRan Benton
Demetrius Williamson

Safety
Kendrick Presley (i dont think we have a shot on him though)
Zavier Gooden
Kenji Jackson

Curious if its common that a lot of commits happen between now and x-mas so players have it done before the holidays and kids can discuss it/brag about it over the holidays with relatives etc etc.....i would expect a couple more commits before the holidays.....lets hope they're from the list above!!!!!

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Is the Cromartie kid related to the DB's who played for Florida and Florida St? If so that would be a good get just do to the bloodlines.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I think we'll hear from either Leonard Johnson, Ter'Ran Benton or Maurice Gray next.

From what I've heard, Johnson wanted to commit to us but his mother wants him to take his other visits first. See what his options are.

Sucks for us but, atleast she is being a good mother. Making him do something he doesn't want to do because she knows it's best for him. And if he does commit to us we know we'll have a kid that was raised well and listens to his mother :yes:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Curious if its common that a lot of commits happen between now and x-mas so players have it done before the holidays and kids can discuss it/brag about it over the holidays with relatives etc etc.....i would expect a couple more commits before the holidays.....lets hope they're from the list above!!!!!

Well, of course it makes it easier for parents to buy Christmas gifts. :wink:

However, with a huge dead period coming up, most kids like to have it out of the way. Others will find themselves shut out and looking around as the "popular" schools fill their schollie limits.

I would expect more news soon if there are any other jucos flying below the radar who will be enrolling in January. Do we need a linebacker, or not?

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007

They may be class fillers but they still get the bling and the goodies that come with championships!

I am willing to bet they still get the bling and goodies regardless of whether or not they win championships.:wink:

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Sorry KMAC, I should never try to dispute with the master (j/k) :wink:

I love the fact that MSU got the kid from GA and left the door open for us to pick up Darks. I think that we have a great shot for Benton and Johnson and would like to see us pick up Presley, as well. it never hurts to have insurance.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Fascinating. I hear that Gray is visiting this weekend--to a deserted campus, in frigid weather. If he commits (Jan enrollee?), then he really wants to come here.

Darks is a huge upgrade to our safety talent. Is there more on the way? Any chance that with (possibly) Gray, Allen Bell might switch to safety? Anyone?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Its hard to compete with texas and oklahoma every year when every year they outrecruit and when its anything like a head to head battle we always loose. I hate when they jump in last minue, offer the guy and he goes there and never see's the field. Sometimes he does and its a good decision but alot of the time its not. They are texas and ou. they will be signing more 4 and 5* recruits at those positions. He would be a great athlete and a good chance at starter so why not come here. Does a championship mean that much if you never see the field.

We do the same thing with kids that may have an offer from Rice or Directional Tech and we sweettalk them to come to big, bad ISU in the B12. There IS a foodchain...

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
That is an awesome get for us..
NOW
i hope we get Gray.. that would be a huge get for this program, and add along that we may get BO.. wow..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron