Darius Darks... (Commits to ISU)

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I know a lot of people out there thinks Darius Darks 3* Safety prospect is definitely going to MSU well.....

If some of the things out there are true, MSU had indicated to Darks they needed a decision, as they only had 1 schollie left for the db's (already had 3 commits) he would make the fourth db commit for class of 2008.

Well, we may have a better shot as of tonight. Reports out there have indicated that MSU has picked up a 3* safety commit out of Georgia, if that is true, as it does happen, they're moving on without Darks and focusing on other need areas. If that happens, we could be sitting very good with him and that commit that was supposed to happen today, may be in our favor.....

Common darius, read this post, forget MSU, we want you and need a playmaker in our secondary, come on board, Chiz will make you a star!!!!!:notworthy:

K

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
Re: Darius Darks...

Nice post. I just looked at MSU's recruits and they do have 4 DB's. I hope Darks realizes this. We have LANDed only one DB as of now and we need a ton of help right away. He could see some significant playing time here right away.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA

We could definetely use him. It would be nice if we could get athlete grant out of texas to. Texas just offered him after having no interest for a year and now he is very interested in oklahoma and texas. Wish these guys would realize how much of a better shot they would have with us instead of being class filers.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant

"Dear Santa,

I would like a couple of speedy d-backs, Darius Darks and Leonard Johnson, and a defensive tackle, Kendrick Payne, for Christmas" :yes::yes:

Last edited:

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo

We could definetely use him. It would be nice if we could get athlete grant out of texas to. Texas just offered him after having no interest for a year and now he is very interested in oklahoma and texas. Wish these guys would realize how much of a better shot they would have with us instead of being class filers.

I agree Wheels, however.....hmmmmm i'm from Texas, and have any chance to play for Texas or Oklahoma......i know where i'd be going....nothing against us, its just warmer there.....kiddin......

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona

Yeah but KMAC, you're a 3* at best. You know how many guys you're competing against? This happens to a lot of guys. You're a stud at your high school and then you get some offers like Texas and Oklahoma because they need a good scout team. I give you one semester at Texas for reality to set in and then you're looking to transfer.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA

I agree Wheels, however.....hmmmmm i'm from Texas, and have any chance to play for Texas or Oklahoma......i know where i'd be going....nothing against us, its just warmer there.....kiddin......

I know being from texas and being offered from ou and texas is a big thing. But at them same time neither shows much interest at all till really late and then they offer. To texas and ou they are just class filers. To us they are potential starters. I hate when they big schools show zero interest till they blow up late and then the recruit goes with them while schools like us have been recruiting him for alot longer

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I know being from texas and being offered from ou and texas is a big thing. But at them same time neither shows much interest at all till really late and then they offer. To texas and ou they are just class filers. To us they are potential starters. I hate when they big schools show zero interest till they blow up late and then the recruit goes with them while schools like us have been recruiting him for alot longer

They may be class fillers but they still get the bling and the goodies that come with championships!

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com

Nice post. I just looked at MSU's recruits and they do have 4 DB's. I hope Darks realizes this. We have LANDed only one DB as of now and we need a ton of help right away. He could see some significant playing time here right away.

Good job of working that in there. I will give rep for that.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant

IMO, a lot of it depends on what the kid wants to accomplish. If he wants a chance to play right away, obviously we would be a better fit than Texas or OU. If the kid doesn't care too much about playing right away, but a chance at winning a championship is more important, then why not go to Texas or OU?

Most people want to be part of winning team and a chance to get a championship so that is why they would prefer to be a 'class filler' as opposed to a day 1 starter at another school.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo

I To texas and ou they are just class filers. To us they are potential starters.

Wheels, actually on the current UofTexas defensive depth chart, they have 1-5*, 4-4*, 5-3* and 1-2* players....and of those 3 out of 4 DB's are 3* and all 4 DL are either 4 or 5* players. They build they're defense through the front seven, with enough pressure, avg or just above avg players are all stars when the qb is laying on his back!!!!

Not justifying it, but your right, they always hold a few schollies for late bloomers, and especially when OU and Texas are competing for him, that 3* rating is junk....that tells me this kid is for real.....too bad we didnt have him as a commit....

I feel good about Lonzie Range though, his ratings tell me, give this kid a redshirt next year and i think he will be a special player for ISU.....

Now we need to focus on the secondary....

Johnson
Darks
Gray

We get these three, and regardless of what i get for xmas, i will be smilin!!!!!!

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006

Yeah but KMAC, you're a 3* at best. You know how many guys you're competing against? This happens to a lot of guys. You're a stud at your high school and then you get some offers like Texas and Oklahoma because they need a good scout team. I give you one semester at Texas for reality to set in and then you're looking to transfer.

I think you're selling this kid short. He's got to believe he can compete to start at Texas and we've got to believe he can compete with Texas starters, otherwise it's worthless to offer.

Our goals are higher than to compete with Texas and Oklahoma's scout teams, aren't they? They should be.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA

Its hard to compete with texas and oklahoma every year when every year they outrecruit and when its anything like a head to head battle we always loose. I hate when they jump in last minue, offer the guy and he goes there and never see's the field. Sometimes he does and its a good decision but alot of the time its not. They are texas and ou. they will be signing more 4 and 5* recruits at those positions. He would be a great athlete and a good chance at starter so why not come here. Does a championship mean that much if you never see the field.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006

Wow - great Pickup for us. Good way to start a Friday morning.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

awesome news. looks to be a huge get for us. highest rated hs kid to sign with us so far...

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA

that is an awesome pickup. Glad we could get him. Maybe zaviar gooden (who lives in the same town) may consider us more. Darks looks like a really good saftey prospect

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Darius Darks Committs (Moderator please mere and change title of other thread)

just wanted people to know he has committed. Hopefully this thread is merged and the title of the other thread is changed. thanks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron