Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
People really struggle with the one-way grocery aisle thing. I don’t know if they just never look down or are rebels are what.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
People really struggle with the one-way grocery aisle thing. I don’t know if they just never look down or are rebels are what.
I always find myself halfway down an aisle before I even remember its a one way and I have no idea if I’m going in the right direction. I never look down at the floor at the grocery store, so I always forget.
Most people in Chicago can’t drive the correct way in directional parking lots, so I don’t expect them to do it correctly in the store. Oh well.

Reactions: 06_CY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Cases had been going down the last few days, now today we had almost as many as the last 2 days combined (701).
Murph and Andy said something about how they changed the reporting period again and that led to some of the larger count today and a reason why some of the numbers didn't add up with the total. I didn't hear the whole explanation so I didn't really catch the details.

Psyclone

Mar 18, 2006
Oakland>Ames>Cedar Rapids
Murph and Andy said something about how they changed the reporting period again and that led to some of the larger count today and a reason why some of the numbers didn't add up with the total. I didn't hear the whole explanation so I didn't really catch the details.
The counts are now aligned with the clock - midnight to midnight. I believe before they cut off the counts at 10 AM, but I could have that time wrong.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I've shopped at both HyVee and Fareway since this all happened. HyVee is obviously now requiring employees to wear masks, but Fareway seemed to have a higher percentage of customers wearing masks. Mixed bag

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I always find myself halfway down an aisle before I even remember its a one way and I have no idea if I’m going in the right direction. I never look down at the floor at the grocery store, so I always forget.
Most people in Chicago can’t drive the correct way in directional parking lots, so I don’t expect them to do it correctly in the store. Oh well.

Haha, good point.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Maybe the next thing will be turnstiles. I understand the concept is it's supposed to make it easier to maintain a 6' distance, but that only works if: 1. You are willing to wait for slower shoppers ahead of you. 2. Everybody obeys the arrows. 3. While you're waiting for slower shoppers or looking for an item, nobody behind you goes past.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Maybe the next thing will be turnstiles. I understand the concept is it's supposed to make it easier to maintain a 6' distance, but that only works if: 1. You are willing to wait for slower shoppers ahead of you. 2. Everybody obeys the arrows. 3. While you're waiting for slower shoppers or looking for an item, nobody behind you goes past.

Yeah, honestly, people probably see that the one-way doesn’t really work well anyway. I’m just whining.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Got stuck behind one a couple weeks ago that couldn’t find anything. A couple times I asked what she was looking for after a minute and would then eye it on the shelf and then we would in tandem move back and forth in the aisle so she could get it. I skipped the next aisle when I got to the end to get away from her.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I see the opposite. I like the one way because it makes it easier to pass people. Without the incoming traffic, you can go right around slower people.

Now if Walmart can just get rid of those giant carts for the personal shoppers that take up the entire aisle

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I see the opposite. I like the one way because it makes it easier to pass people. Without the incoming traffic, you can go right around slower people.

Now if Walmart can just get rid of those giant carts for the personal shoppers that take up the entire aisle

where do you shop to have 8-9 foot aisles?

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
I've shopped at both HyVee and Fareway since this all happened. HyVee is obviously now requiring employees to wear masks, but Fareway seemed to have a higher percentage of customers wearing masks. Mixed bag
Are HyVee employee's still wearing the tight black slacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.